• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fahrenheit
Guys, in your opinion, which A.P.C. cut would flatter me the most? :

Definately not the PS. The tapered pair makes you look too top heavy, as is probably the case with most muscular guys. PS is for skinny dudes.

Actually though, Synthese wears PS well so I'm not so sure. He seems to wear them a size larger than most though.

Phiberglass

Reaction score
37189e0c.png

Do those look like APC to anyone? Any idea which wash they are?

Knisse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phiberglass
37189e0c.png
Do those look like APC to anyone? Any idea which wash they are?

If they are in fact APC, then most likely Petite Standards. Do you happen to know what Chukkas he is wearing? They look nice

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy some pairs of APC jeans & casual trousers (probably cotton twill).
I would like what I think is described as a 'carrot fit';
I like my jeans comfy at the waist/crotch (low-rise) but very slim at the calf/ankle.
I am essentially a slim but muscular build, and normally wear 30" jeans.
Could you guys suggest which styles and sizes might fit that bill?

Thanks in advance.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaulYAY
Definately not the PS. The tapered pair makes you look too top heavy, as is probably the case with most muscular guys. PS is for skinny dudes. Actually though, Synthese wears PS well so I'm not so sure. He seems to wear them a size larger than most though.
Yeah, I'm going to have to disagree with this. the tapered pair, in that photo, stacks better, makes you look longer, and is generally more flattering. I don't see the top-heavy in that picture, and actually think, fwiw, that the tapered pair is far more "masculine," for whatever the hell that's worth (very little, but if you were worried...), since it draws attention to your broad shoulders and slim waist. Thanks for the compliment, Paul - I went essentially true to waist size on my pair (33" waist, I wear a 31), but I wear them super low around my hips (about 35"). I definitely couldn't go any lower, either, mostly just due to thigh measurements. I'm not sure if that counts as a size larger or not. Fahrenheit, I personally think that the PS is the most generally flattering model - as someone with reasonably athletically-sized thighs, the NC's were not only far too tight (would have had to size up), but the taper on the PS looked much nicer on me.

Blog Marley

Reaction score
Tried to cop this sweater from context but sold out in a medium

2000.jpg

I'm generally a medium would guess that I have a chest smaller than 40 inches. I generally wear a medium in everything (Epaulet, WvG, etc.) should I press my luck on a small?

Tagged Size\tMeasured Size
Shoulder to Shoulder\tPit to Pit\tSleeve Length\tLength
XS\t16\t19\t25\t25
S\t17\t19.25\t26.25\t25.5
M\t17\t20\t26.5\t26
L\t17.75\t21\t27\t27
XL\t18\t22\t27.5\t27.75

Fahrenheit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
Yeah, I'm going to have to disagree with this. the tapered pair, in that photo, stacks better, makes you look longer, and is generally more flattering. I don't see the top-heavy in that picture, and actually think, fwiw, that the tapered pair is far more "masculine," for whatever the hell that's worth (very little, but if you were worried...), since it draws attention to your broad shoulders and slim waist.

Thanks for the compliment, Paul - I went essentially true to waist size on my pair (33" waist, I wear a 31), but I wear them super low around my hips (about 35"). I definitely couldn't go any lower, either, mostly just due to thigh measurements. I'm not sure if that counts as a size larger or not.

Fahrenheit, I personally think that the PS is the most generally flattering model - as someone with reasonably athletically-sized thighs, the NC's were not only far too tight (would have had to size up), but the taper on the PS looked much nicer on me.

I thought your nick sounded familiar.

I loved your fit on the PS and that's one of the reasons I became interested in APC's.
Ironically, I ended up ordering the NC's after canceling my original PS order. I forgot how much I liked your PS fit and honestly got sorta scared off by the feminine look I might be getting with them. I now regret it of course.

I'll see how the NC fit and in the worst case send them back for PS.

What I find strange though, is that I also have a true waist of 33", but can easily fit a 29 tagged pair of Diesels or Lee (which are also vanity sized). So in NC's I went with 28, according to Context's recommendation of sizing down 1.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blog Marley
Tried to cop this sweater from context but sold out in a medium

I'm generally a medium would guess that I have a chest smaller than 40 inches. I generally wear a medium in everything (Epaulet, WvG, etc.) should I press my luck on a small?

Tagged Size\tMeasured Size
Shoulder to Shoulder\tPit to Pit\tSleeve Length\tLength
XS\t16\t19\t25\t25
S\t17\t19.25\t26.25\t25.5
M\t17\t20\t26.5\t26
L\t17.75\t21\t27\t27
XL\t18\t22\t27.5\t27.75

Very cool. The main issue will be if it pulls on your chest or not (pit-to-pit). I have a feeling it might out okay for you, unless you work out your chest.

thoogsby

Reaction score
What department stores carry APC denim? I went to the Bloomingdales on Broadway and didn't see any.

Sancho Panzo Christ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SirGrotius
How do APC sweaters tend to fit?

I have my eye on this one from Barneys:

http://www.barneys.com/Sailor-Stripe...efault,pd.html

I wear "small" in most sizes (36S) suit, but recently ordered an APC "slim" polo in small and it was too big for me. I notice they have an XS in this sweater as well as S.

Any advice?

these guys have some measurements up for the same sweater: http://www.endclothing.co.uk/brands/...atshirt-1.html

i haven't dealt with them, so i don't know if this is correct. if you do end up getting it, let me know how it fits cause i'm interested in it too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads