• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pics of your denim - denim fades and evolution

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
501 stf. Probably, jesus, five years old? Now semi-retired, for summer wear only. Sized up too much, but eh. Faded the old-fashioned way (wash 'n' wear!)

Missing summer right now...

DSCN1893_529.jpg

DSCN1886_522.jpg

Morgan

Reaction score
Okay, first post in this thread, featuring lots of images. I'm 5'11" and 160 lb, and I wear 32x32 in j.crew, Banana, and other non-vanity sized mens pants, though such pants tend to be baggy ********** and thigh except for the new j.crew urban slim fit. Below are my jeans from oldest to newest. Fit and fade critiques welcome. I have a desk job so fading these is a very long-term project. Also, I never photographed ****** before but it looks like my pants have a tendency to wedge right up in there. Have I been walking around looking like this my whole life? I hope it's just my awkward attempts to pose for the camera timer.

APC New Standard 30x34. Maybe 3.5 years old, 8-10 washes. My go-to pair.
IMG_0934.jpg

IMG_0935.jpg

IMG_0936.jpg

IMG_0938.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg

Styleforum x Five Easy Pieces (SFx5EP) lot 001, 31x34. From around 2006 or 2007. One cold soak when new, one recent wash when they got a little too greasy for comfort.
IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_0980.jpg

IMG_0983.jpg

IMG_0946.jpg

IMG_0949.jpg

IMG_0950.jpg

Iron Heart 634S, 32x34. Maybe a year and a half old, no washes. They are apparently not in any hurry to fade. I really like these with my Alden AF53 boots on a cold day.
IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg

IMG_0965.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg

Eternal 811 one wash, 33x36. One year, no washes. About 90% of the fading so far happened in one weekend when I wore these to move about 2000 lb of bricks and sand from the driveway to the backyard and then built a terraced garden bed. 33 waist was the smallest I could fit on in the store, but I still think they're a size too big as they've stretched out and seem a bit baggy overall.
IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0972.jpg

IMG_0974.jpg

IMG_0977.jpg

IMG_0975.jpg

IMG_0976.jpg

Pure Blue Japan XX-005 one wash, 31x35.5. They arrived yesterday and this is my first time wearing them. Thighs are a bit on the sausage-casing side but I'm hoping they stretch out just enough to be a slim, but not skin-tight, fit.
IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

I can't believe how long it took me to put this post together.

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pull down all your jeans an extra inch or two, and they'll fit better from all angles (and the wedgie problem will be solved). None of these is high-rise, so the waistband should not be as high on you as it is.

I'd say the Iron Hearts and the APCs fit you the best. The 5EPs might look better once they're brought down a bit. I would definitely sell the Eternals. They are a really hard jean to fit.

I doubt those PBJs will stretch enough in the thigh to look decent, but it's worth a try.

stick

Reaction score
Agreed, perfect fit on PBJ's imo once the thighs stretch a bit. Nice job with the NS's, can't wait to see what you can do with the Eternals. That's a lot of denim to be working on at the same time though.

Morgan

Reaction score
Yeah they are hiked up. I think on all these shots the last thing I did before the shutter clicked was adjust my waistband, sort of as a nervous tic. They are usually riding a little lower, as they drop an inch or so as soon as I take a couple steps.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Morgan
Yeah they are hiked up. I think on all these shots the last thing I did before the shutter clicked was adjust my waistband, sort of as a nervous tic. They are usually riding a little lower, as they drop an inch or so as soon as I take a couple steps.

Try not to take upward angling pictures/mid level pictures so close either, I think it's distorting the proportions a bit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads