• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VBC fabric line choices for "traveler" sports coats and suits.

wozniak

Reaction score
I see there is a line of VBC material called "Supersonic" which appears to be wrinkle resistance/stain resistant. I am primarily looking for sports coats for planes, trains, business use etc. I may also order a suit or two. What fabric lines would be best to look at from VBC - or is Supersonic the line to focus on ?

wozniak

Reaction score
I see there is a line of VBC material called "Supersonic" which appears to be wrinkle resistance/stain resistant. I am primarily looking for sports coats for planes, trains, business use etc. I may also order a suit or two. What fabric lines would be best to look at from VBC - or is Supersonic the line to focus on ?
Just to followup on this post in case anyone looks here in the future.

Here is a video with a section on the supersonic line. In this book, near there are specific set of fabrics for blazers.

There is also this link on the supersonic fabrics.

Best wishes.

wozniak

Reaction score
Additional followup .... When considering MTM suits and sport coats I have found a number of places that say they carry fabrics from "VBC" or "Drago" or "XYZ". However 90% of the time this means they carry a very limited selection from these fabric mills and NOT access to the full line. That kind of full selection (full line of books) appears to be reserved for bespoke.

jeremygo

Reaction score
VBC/Drapers Ascot bunch has 2, 4, and 6-ply high twist wools. I have some grey trousers in the 4-ply and it's terrific for traveling. Very wrinkle resistant, very breathable. I know the Armoury guys recommend it very strongly.

wozniak

Reaction score
VBC/Drapers Ascot bunch has 2, 4, and 6-ply high twist wools. I have some grey trousers in the 4-ply and it's terrific for traveling. Very wrinkle resistant, very breathable. I know the Armoury guys recommend it very strongly.
Thank you. I understand these are more commonly available and the ones most often promoted as Traveler blends. I will take a look. Right now I am considering Hall Madden in Chicago which offers both MTM and Bespoke. Bespoke is kind of out of my price range, but that may change in the next year. Thanks again.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Archipelagos