• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My options may be limited since they are sold out in every waist size. I don’t mind a repair job if they can get a belt loop in a semi-reasonable match and have their seamstress fix it, but I am almost amazed I missed it.
RL Customer service is normally pretty good. I imagine you can get a big discount on those jeans if you want to keep them. they are basically defective

heebalabala

Reaction score
I know we have some fun with buttons that fall off and all, but this one really annoyed me. $459 for a pair of jeans, and they forget to put a second belt loop by the button. Worse, I sent them to Railcar for a chain stitch hem, so I’m in for $500 + on a pair of jeans that I can’t wear cause I can’t wear a belt lol. I let my SA know, and I’m fine if they just get a belt loop in and have the in-store seamstress add it, but man, this is pretty bad

View attachment 2183887
Wow, that's bananas. A couple of suggestions: If they're able to secure another loop for you, have the seamstress move the loop from the back center to the front and put the replacement in the back center so any differences from the replacement aren't as obvious. If they're not able to secure one, you could cannibalize a loop from a pair you already have that you don't wear much. And do same thing -- cannibalize from the back center loop. You might even be able to get away with not having the back center loop on the old pair -- I don't know that I would care on an old pair.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to Ralph, the shirt and the bag are frogskin camo. Not sure what the pants on the left are. Jungle maybe?
View attachment 2182695
RRLSS21027_a_1110x.progressive.jpg

View attachment 2182697

The bottom two are the same pattern I believe with some slight variation in the wash and pattern

They're definitely both woodland patterned, the ones on the left just have a heavier wash/fade. In the Marines, that's how we would have determined somebody was "Old Corps". 😅

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My options may be limited since they are sold out in every waist size. I don’t mind a repair job if they can get a belt loop in a semi-reasonable match and have their seamstress fix it, but I am almost amazed I missed it.

Agreed that the QC on that pair was pretty bad, but couldn't you have the folks at Railcar fashion a belt loop out of some of the material that was cut off when you sent the pair into them for chain stitching?

G Khan

Reaction score
According to Ralph, the shirt and the bag are frogskin camo. Not sure what the pants on the left are. Jungle maybe?
View attachment 2182695
RRLSS21027_a_1110x.progressive.jpg

View attachment 2182697
I have the shirt (1st pic). I love the pattern, but still can't figure out what the buttons on the inside are for?? I think it may be a factory second (messed up and installed buttons in the wrong place?) based on the price I paid for it from a site (around $50 new).

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I have the shirt (1st pic). I love the pattern, but still can't figure out what the buttons on the inside are for?? I think it may be a factory second (messed up and installed buttons in the wrong place?) based on the price I paid for it from a site (around $50 new).
They're all like that with the mysterious interior buttons. I got mine direct from Ralph.
Need an ex-military guy to explain what they're for.
ralph-lauren-camouflage-overshirt_15175439_25862564_800.jpg

Edit 1: I was curious as wtf those buttons are for. I found this which has the two interior at the collar and the one near the waist. But still no idea what they're for. But apparently the two side entry chest pockets are intended for flotation devices.

Edit 2: "riveted metal buttons at the collar to attach a chemical-deflecting hood"

Edit 3: Nvm about the chemical hood buttons. Those are actually supposed to be back of the collar. Those interior buttons are for a flap the Ralph version didn't include.

br15123-13.jpg

Last edited:

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Agreed that the QC on that pair was pretty bad, but couldn't you have the folks at Railcar fashion a belt loop out of some of the material that was cut off when you sent the pair into them for chain stitching?

Had I noticed it prior to sending, yes, that would have been a great idea, but I just never thought to inspect the jeans closely, and wasn't until I was putting a belt on did I stop and have a wtf moment

G Khan

Reaction score
They're all like that with the mysterious interior buttons. I got mine direct from Ralph.
Need an ex-military guy to explain what they're for.
ralph-lauren-camouflage-overshirt_15175439_25862564_800.jpg

Edit 1: I was curious as wtf those buttons are for. I found this which has the two interior at the collar and the one near the waist. But still no idea what they're for. But apparently the two side entry chest pockets are intended for flotation devices.

Edit 2: "riveted metal buttons at the collar to attach a chemical-deflecting hood"

Edit 3: Nvm about the chemical hood buttons. Those are actually supposed to be back of the collar. Those interior buttons are for a flap the Ralph version didn't include.

br15123-13.jpg
I thought those were "map pockets" at chest level under the typical chest pockets. Like fold up your map and tuck it away to protect it from rain and briers while in the bush lol.

Re: extra buttons...I looked at the shirt and fiddled with buttoning alternative areas. None made sense. Looked at it when open and tried to figure out what they could be for. In the end guessing they were mistake or extras for a rainy day encase of loss or damage!? who knows

Interesting info...Thanks

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had I noticed it prior to sending, yes, that would have been a great idea, but I just never thought to inspect the jeans closely, and wasn't until I was putting a belt on did I stop and have a wtf moment

I get it. For some reason I figured the jeans were still out at Railcar but yeah, it makes more sense that they sent them back to you and you only discovered the missing belt loop when you went to put them on and belt them up.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_2723.jpeg

I recently received (online order) the Roughout belt and it disappointingly arrived with a 1.5” gouge taken out of the suede. It’s bald in that area. Should I send it back and take my chances on another or try and handle it at the store level or is there a customer service number to call. What would you guys do? Do you think they push seconds through their online channel? Seeing a lot of QC issues lately. Interestingly, it arrived in a sealed plastic sleeve and the gouge had a darker brown substance filling it. I noticed it and rubbed my finger over it and the darker brown filler came out. Weird. Almost like an attempted repair had taken place before packaging.

noretailplease

Reaction score
View attachment 2184119
I recently received (online order) the Roughout belt and it disappointingly arrived with a 1.5” gouge taken out of the suede. It’s bald in that area. Should I send it back and take my chances on another or try and handle it at the store level or is there a customer service number to call. What would you guys do? Do you think they push seconds through their online channel? Seeing a lot of QC issues lately. Interestingly, it arrived in a sealed plastic sleeve and the gouge had a darker brown substance filling it. I noticed it and rubbed my finger over it and the darker brown filler came out. Weird. Almost like an attempted repair had taken place before packaging.
I would return it if you can't live with it. If you can live with it, call them and they'll give you 30-50% off to keep it.

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would return it if you can't live with it. If you can live with it, call them and they'll give you 30-50% off to keep it.
Called them. No offers were made. They also said the retail stores might not accept an exchange from online!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexcruz