• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official BLUE BLUE JAPAN thread - all things indigo, many things denim!

Zassiliss

Reaction score
This thread needs more love. Just picked up the sashiko patchwork chore coat last season and I've been wearing it down to 40 degree weather--this thing is super warm! I'll try and get some pics of it later this weekend, but definitely a fan (especially since sizing isn't so tiny compared to other Japanese brands)

Last edited:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This thread needs more love. Just picked up the sashiko patchwork chore coat last season and I've been wearing it down to 40 degree weather--this thing is super warm! I'll try and get some pics of it later this weekend, but definitely a fan (especially since sizing isn't so tiny compared to other Japanese brands)

I've found sizing a little inconsistent - some 4s fit me fine, others are far too small. Outerwear seems much more generous than shirts and legwear. Great stuff when it fits :)

Spehsmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Curious if anyone has had any issues with their BBJ sashiko jackets smelling sulfur-y/terrible. I'm talking about when brand new. A hunting jacket version that I've since sold didn't smell, but the classic coverall version I recently got smells pretty bad. Already soaked it once in an attempt to get rid of the smell, but no luck.

jlchau

Reaction score
Curious if anyone has had any issues with their BBJ sashiko jackets smelling sulfur-y/terrible. I'm talking about when brand new. A hunting jacket version that I've since sold didn't smell, but the classic coverall version I recently got smells pretty bad. Already soaked it once in an attempt to get rid of the smell, but no luck.

Mine smells a little funny but not like sulfur.

Spehsmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sulfur might be the wrong description. Something more like mothballs, but more "natural" smelling.

Mon Dieu

Reaction score
^Not with BBJ but did/do have a Over dyed M-65 Black which smelled of "Sulfur" and scarf which smelled of "Indigo" not unpleasant.
Solutions. Hang out doors till smell dissipates and or use whole coffee beans in a mesh bag with jacket zipped inside a garment bag
Worked for me
GL

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a corduroy baseball cap from this brand a while ago. They achieved a remarkable depth for the blue color.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Visited HRM and Okura last week. Really cool shops with great employees!

IMG_1915.JPG

IMG_1916.JPG

IMG_1917.JPG

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Waiting for the weather to cool down a little bit more before I finally get to wear that sashiko hunting jacket... I haven't been this excited to wear a jacket since that big peacoat phase that happened a couple years ago.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Waiting for the weather to cool down a little bit more before I finally get to wear that sashiko hunting jacket... I haven't been this excited to wear a jacket since that big peacoat phase that happened a couple years ago.
I nearly got that jacket from a member here a few years ago. Ends up that he kept it and got a chore jacket instead. Worked out for everyone.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.