• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We have quite a lot of linen upcoming -- pyjama jackets, popovers, trousers, and some SB jackets -- but before summer really sets in, we've been busy finishing off a bunch of new trousers.

There's the work trousers in cotton duck ...

work-trousers-cotton-canvas-black-3@2x.jpg

work-trousers-cotton-canvas-black-6@2x.jpg

work-trousers-cotton-canvas-black-14@2x.jpg

work-trousers-cotton-canvas-black-13@2x.jpg

work-trousers-cotton-canvas-stone-4@2x.jpg

work-trousers-cotton-canvas-stone-19@2x.jpg

work-trousers-cotton-canvas-black-20@2x.jpg

work-trousers-cotton-canvas-stone-7@2x.jpg

... and the field trousers in cotton panama, which is quite similar to the cotton duck, but not as heavy nor quite as coarse of pebbly canvas texture.

field-trousers-cotton-panama-brown-16@2x.jpg

field-trousers-cotton-panama-brown-9@2x.jpg

field-trousers-cotton-panama-brown-5@2x.jpg

field-trousers-cotton-panama-chalk-6@2x.jpg

field-trousers-cotton-panama-brown-3@2x.jpg

field-trousers-cotton-panama-brown-7@2x.jpg

field-trousers-cotton-panama-chalk-20@2x.jpg

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We're slowly pulling on the lever labelled "linen" with a bunch of new items upcoming over the next few weeks.

The first of them is the return of the field shirt. It's been a few years since we last made it, with a few revision to improve the balance and clarity of the design. The collar tab has been taken away, and the cuffs have been made more bold. A few other little tweaks, too, such as the size of the collar, the shape of the hem, and the width of the inset placket. It is still much the same, however — i.e. a mid-weight mid-layer with a relaxed Dolman sleeve.

field-shirt-linen-burlap-petrol-blue-8s@2x.jpg

field-shirt-linen-burlap-petrol-blue-11s@2x.jpg

field-shirt-linen-burlap-petrol-blue-10s@2x.jpg

field-shirt-linen-burlap-petrol-blue-3s@2x.jpg

field-shirt-linen-burlap-petrol-blue-7@2x.jpg

field-shirt-linen-burlap-petrol-blue-13s@2x.jpg

field-shirt-linen-burlap-petrol-blue-5s@2x.jpg

field-shirt-linen-burlap-petrol-blue-12s@2x.jpg

field-shirt-linen-burlap-petrol-blue-4s@2x.jpg

We've made them in this petrol colour, in a heavy linen burlap from Northern Ireland, as well as a light "linseed" / natural colour which will hopefully join the party over the weekend.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
With the development of the British Warm, polo coat, and to lesser extent Ulster, in recent years, I've been conscious that the tielocken has been feeling the squeeze, with the other coats encroaching on its "long coat with soft shoulder and tailored collar" territory.

To this end, we've been playing around with it, and the result is this -- the tielocken, only longer and with a dressing gown-esque shawl collar.

tie-1@2x.jpg

I think it works quite well, and definitely gives the tielocken a niche of its own again. The collar can be worn open and down, but I like it at this halfway station, which really shows of its pronounced belly.

RozenKristal

Reaction score
With the development of the British Warm, polo coat, and to lesser extent Ulster, in recent years, I've been conscious that the tielocken has been feeling the squeeze, with the other coats encroaching on its "long coat with soft shoulder and tailored collar" territory.

To this end, we've been playing around with it, and the result is this -- the tielocken, only longer and with a dressing gown-esque shawl collar.

View attachment 2188331

I think it works quite well, and definitely gives the tielocken a niche of its own again. The collar can be worn open and down, but I like it at this halfway station, which really shows of its pronounced belly.

Wowwwwwwwww I thought it was great as it was. Now it is really regal!

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Wowwwwwwwww I thought it was great as it was. Now it is really regal!

Thanks.

Glad you like it!

It is basically the best parts of the tielocken fused to the best parts of The Muppet Christmas Carol (Michael Caine dressing gown).

In seriousness, rather in point of tailoring fact, it is structured in the manner of a traditional dressing gown, with the front and under collar being one piece of cloth. It was a fun development, bringing that very particular approach to an outerwear style. (Though in further point of fact, so no one calls me out in six months, we had to put a seam in this particular iteration because the cloth is narrow.)

professor

Reaction score
We're slowly pulling on the lever labelled "linen" with a bunch of new items upcoming over the next few weeks.

The first of them is the return of the field shirt. It's been a few years since we last made it, with a few revision to improve the balance and clarity of the design. The collar tab has been taken away, and the cuffs have been made more bold. A few other little tweaks, too, such as the size of the collar, the shape of the hem, and the width of the inset placket. It is still much the same, however — i.e. a mid-weight mid-layer with a relaxed Dolman sleeve.

View attachment 2185719
View attachment 2185713
View attachment 2185715
View attachment 2185729
View attachment 2185733
View attachment 2185709
View attachment 2185725
View attachment 2185711
View attachment 2185727

We've made them in this petrol colour, in a heavy linen burlap from Northern Ireland, as well as a light "linseed" / natural colour which will hopefully join the party over the weekend.
New to this thread, but just stopping by to say how lovely this piece is. Haven’t bought any S.E.H. Kelly yet, though I’ve long admired the brand. This would be a good first foray, yes? I’m a slim US 40, so I figure a M should work well.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
New to this thread, but just stopping by to say how lovely this piece is. Haven’t bought any S.E.H. Kelly yet, though I’ve long admired the brand. This would be a good first foray, yes? I’m a slim US 40, so I figure a M should work well.

Cheers!

Well, I can't profess to be unbiased, but the field shirt is one of our most true to size, easy to wear, and versatile items, and the cloth is one of the most textured for anything we offer this time of year.

And yes -- size 40 equals size M in our sizing. I'm the same myself, and the field shirt in size M fits just right.

professor

Reaction score
Cheers!

Well, I can't profess to be unbiased, but the field shirt is one of our most true to size, easy to wear, and versatile items, and the cloth is one of the most textured for anything we offer this time of year.

And yes -- size 40 equals size M in our sizing. I'm the same myself, and the field shirt in size M fits just right.
Well, a speedy reply like that (on a Sunday no less) is all the convincing I needed. Just placed my order. Can’t wait to receive it!

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here's one we haven't made for a fair few years — the SB jacket in linen.

Indeed, the last time we made it in linen, it was called the SB3 jacket and, gasp, had a front of three buttons rather than the now impossible-to-consider-otherwise two.

sb-jacket-linen-natural-17s@2x.jpg

sb-jacket-linen-dark-blue-3s@2x.jpg

sb-jacket-linen-natural-7s@2x.jpg

sb-jacket-linen-natural-15s@2x.jpg

sb-jacket-linen-dark-blue-1@2x.jpg

sb-jacket-linen-dark-blue-5s@2x.jpg

sb-jacket-linen-dark-blue-7s@2x.jpg

sb-jacket-linen-natural-2s@2x.jpg

sb-jacket-linen-natural-6s@2x.jpg

sb-jacket-linen-dark-blue-9s@2x.jpg

sb-jacket-linen-dark-blue-16s@2x.jpg

sb-jacket-linen-natural-5s@2x.jpg

sb-jacket-linen-natural-9s@2x.jpg

The linen is a fine but quite sturdy hopsack jacketing from Northern Ireland, which in recent years we've tended to use for mid-layers rather than all-out jackets. But hey -- who'd have thunk it, it works very well for jackets, too!

Matching (field) trousers coming along soon, too.

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's one we haven't made for a fair few years — the SB jacket in linen.

Indeed, the last time we made it in linen, it was called the SB3 jacket and, gasp, had a front of three buttons rather than the now impossible-to-consider-otherwise two.

View attachment 2190397
View attachment 2190409
View attachment 2190395
View attachment 2190399
View attachment 2190393
View attachment 2190417
View attachment 2190415
View attachment 2190407
View attachment 2190403
View attachment 2190413
View attachment 2190411
View attachment 2190405
View attachment 2190401

The linen is a fine but quite sturdy hopsack jacketing from Northern Ireland, which in recent years we've tended to use for mid-layers rather than all-out jackets. But hey -- who'd have thunk it, it works very well for jackets, too!

Matching (field) trousers coming along soon, too.
Love the styling, especially the lapels.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
echola