• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reasonably priced, Good Quality Classic Chinos

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I'm addicted to chinos. I have pairs from RRL, Buzz Rickson, and Bronson. I just added ones from Warehouse via Masuya 1997. After a couple of wears, my clear favorites are the ones from Warehouse and Buzz Rickson. They have the classic styling and are robustly built. Also, Masuya 1997 will ship to the US, but you can't use their e-commerce system. You have to fill out a form and they'll respond via email and a PayPal invoice.

WAREHOUSE “Lot1082 Chinoes” | MASUYA (masuya1997.com)

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like the Engineered Garments Workaday 41Z chinos I picked up in several colours a few years back. I don't know if they're still in production though.

I have a pair of the Warehouse Lot 1082 and they're very nice but I would prefer a slightly higher rise.

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like the Engineered Garments Workaday 41Z chinos I picked up in several colours a few years back. I don't know if they're still in production though.

I have a pair of the Warehouse Lot 1082 and they're very nice but I would prefer a slightly higher rise.
I agree. I wish they were slightly higher rise. In my mind, that would make them perfect.

acconrad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly I think the MiUSA Bill's are really nice, particularly M2 if you want something classic but not 1950s reissue classic like the M1s

reidrothchild

Reaction score
Honestly I think the MiUSA Bill's are really nice, particularly M2 if you want something classic but not 1950s reissue classic like the M1s
Agreed! Bill's Khakis have always been a bit underrated around these parts. Made in the USA (as of a few years ago, anyway), decent fabrics, decent construction, and not too pricey for the quality level. The M2 has been my go-to for about 15 years now.

Edit: OP, if you need something below a size 32, have you tried Todd Snyder? Their current pants offerings come in a range of fits and go down to size 28. The relaxed fit is my favorite and features a high(er) rise; higher than even Bill's M2 pants.

No Man Walks Alone also carries a lot of higher rise chinos in smaller sizes.

Last edited:

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new J. Crew Classic Chinos are pretty great...I'd put them within fighting distance of RRL Officer Chinos

maxpenny

Reaction score
Can I get some recommendations for heavier chinos that have a crease?

Also, how do people get chinos cuffed? I see some have a permanent cuff. How do they do it?

sargeinaz

Reaction score
The new J. Crew Classic Chinos are pretty great...I'd put them within fighting distance of RRL Officer Chinos

I agree. I have the olive and khaki. I think they’re very fair for the price. I’ve recommended them to many of my friends especially ones that aren’t that into clothes and just want to go to a mall and buy some chinos.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I'm addicted to chinos. I have pairs from RRL, Buzz Rickson, and Bronson. I just added ones from Warehouse via Masuya 1997. After a couple of wears, my clear favorites are the ones from Warehouse and Buzz Rickson. They have the classic styling and are robustly built. Also, Masuya 1997 will ship to the US, but you can't use their e-commerce system. You have to fill out a form and they'll respond via email and a PayPal invoice.

WAREHOUSE “Lot1082 Chinoes” | MASUYA (masuya1997.com)

Just checked out the Matsuya website. There is an error in English worthy of a Japanese officer in
a World War 2 B movie , eg.

ALL BLAND​

(That would be " All Brand(s)" among us gringos.

Last edited:

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another question. Do any of these "classical" chinos come in short rise.
10", 10.5" including the waistband?

Club Soda

Reaction score
O'Connell's makes great cotton trousers in various colors, some varied weight options, and they're available in short, reg and long rise. They'll even ship them hemmed plain or cuffed in a matter of days.

I'm not sure what qualifies for reasonable priced, but I'm in love with the fit and feel of my sport chinos from The Armoury. The cotton is incredibly soft and has a pretty nice crease resistance considering how much I wear them.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
O'Connell's makes great cotton trousers in various colors, some varied weight options, and they're available in short, reg and long rise. They'll even ship them hemmed plain or cuffed in a matter of days.

I'm not sure what qualifies for reasonable priced, but I'm in love with the fit and feel of my sport chinos from The Armoury. The cotton is incredibly soft and has a pretty nice crease resistance considering how much I wear them.
I’ll second the Armoury sport chino recommendation. They are the best chinos I’ve ever handled. But, they are very expensive, at least compared to your typical chino.

William Kazak

Reaction score
Can I get some recommendations for heavier chinos that have a crease?

Also, how do people get chinos cuffed? I see some have a permanent cuff. How do they do it?
Orvis is the heaviest that I have. They can be ironed and creased. A seamstress can cuff any chino trouser. Land's End are creased and can be ordered cuffed. I have worn them for years.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Archipelagos