• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

calypso

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone here on the forum is still using NSM, but this is what my latest commission looks like.

IMG_4481.jpeg

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An interesting article at Permanent Style about Sartoria Seminara, Vittorio Salino and the Florentine school.

https://www.permanentstyle.com/2023...ring.html?mc_cid=474bb301ab&mc_eid=277eb01ada
"Vittorio is different and has to charge a little more: €3000 for a suit and €2200 for a jacket (in Italy)."

Damn!!! If you really love that Florentine cut, it's really worth it to just buy some plane tickets and make several trips to Italy vs going to an L&L trunk show.

tdang

Reaction score
Seriously considering seeing F Caraceni this November (Satoki got me hooked on Milanese and I’m keen to explore another more structured option). Anyone has finished garments that they can share? The photos on PS are great, and the ones on F Caraceni’s Instagram are droolworthy, but it’s always nice to see more photos of the garments on actual customers.

Thanks in advance gents!

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Vittorio is different and has to charge a little more: €3000 for a suit and €2200 for a jacket (in Italy)."

Damn!!! If you really love that Florentine cut, it's really worth it to just buy some plane tickets and make several trips to Italy vs going to an L&L trunk show.
I repeat: maybe a trip to Italy is in the cards.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just wait until you go to Naples haha. Although then, you have to find a local guide who can help you find a tailor.

yanagi

Reaction score
They may be " soft" to the feel, but they stand out prominently compared to
typical Neapolitan or Ivy shoulders. As a result, the silhouette is different.

Do you consider these shoulders "soft," "bigger/built-up," or neither?

Shoulders.jpg

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good thing I'm not a fan of their style of tailoring.
For me, when factoring trunk shows & availability at trunk shows, I think satoki kawai at sartoria cresent is the best option if you don’t travel to Italy (or japan, for good measure).

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wouldn’t it be 3 trips to Italy?

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously considering seeing F Caraceni this November (Satoki got me hooked on Milanese and I’m keen to explore another more structured option). Anyone has finished garments that they can share? The photos on PS are great, and the ones on F Caraceni’s Instagram are droolworthy, but it’s always nice to see more photos of the garments on actual customers.

Thanks in advance gents!
Maybe you can be the first of the styleforum nerds to commission from F. Caraceni and post pictures 😎.

I did not have enough time to have anything made when I last visited in 2019. Nicolette mentioned she needed at least 3 weeks to have a fitting ready that I would be happy with. I recommend taking a long vacation and starting and ending your trip in Milan if you want a fitting.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member