• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His colors are far more spot-on with the traditional Superman look. Better logo then we saw with Cavil too. Plus red trunks and a yellow belt! No contest. Gunn's suit wins hands down.

The fit is fine. He's in an awkward angle and they aren't going for the skin tight look.

People are taking the shot too literally. He's not going to sit around in the movie while the world ends. It's meant to emphasize what his life is like and Superman getting ready for "work.”
But that's the way the suit is supposed to fit. Colors are better but you can't tell me the fit is better. It's supposed to be tight.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
But that's the way the suit is supposed to fit. Colors are better but you can't tell me the fit is better. It's supposed to be tight.

Tell you what. I’d be willing to place a small bet that the suit’s fit looks fine in the film and there isn’t a scene of him casually putting on his boots while people die and the world burns.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That’s not what you said though…

What makes you think it’s not in line with what I said? The suit isn’t going for a skin-tight look and he's in an awkward angle in the photo. I believe it will look fine in the film.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tell you what. I’d be willing to place a small bet that the suit’s fit looks fine in the film and there isn’t a scene of him casually putting on his boots while people die and the world burns.
Suit fit is subjective. It could look perfectly fine in the movie but it does not look good in the picture. The lazy Superman not giving a sh1t makes the suit reveal picture even worse. Gunn should've did the suit reveal in a Superman pose or anything other than Superman not giving a sh1t.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Regarding suit fit. These films do a tone of post-production work to fix any issues, clean them up and sometimes even enhance the actor's physique. I promise you even Cavil's Superman went through the process.

I don't have a problem with an argument they should have cleaned it up for the photo, but it's going to look fine in the film.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not wrong.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With Tolkien I don’t mind mining the works. Lots there and he kinda segues the world to modern times in a few paragraphs.

Hunt for Gollum invoked Gandalf, Aragorn, the Dunedain, Saruman, High Elves and such. Could be interesting or just a cash grab.

if I wanted retcon i'd rather watch Young Jesus : the Lost Years

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if I wanted retcon i'd rather watch Young Jesus : the Lost Years
similar thought, I'd love a Humperdoo spinoff...

1715385034296.jpeg

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ep 6 and 7 of X-Men 97 have been epic.

Plus, classic Jean Grey Marvel Girl costume!

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
X-Men 97 might be my favorite thing Marvel/Disney has done. If they nail the final I’d go so far as to say it’s the best project on the whole.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Also X-Men. Finally the X-Men! It’s been so weird to see Marvel develop so many projects with Disney over the years without them. They are Marvel’s premier team. By far the most popular and hyped. Glad to see them finally back home.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member