• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not excited, to be honest. Looks like a different wirecore on a classic frame in two over used and played out colours.
Fixed that for ya!😁

And on the subject of under-used colours as opposed to endless variations of black and dark tort, @JessBob those Marlboro Molinos look great. IIRC they only used that colour on 55 Diamond Cross Molinos amirite? I seem to remember liking the look of them when they came out, but as regular Molinos fit me perfectly I can assume that 55s will look garishly wide on me. Anyway that’s a frame colour definitely worthy of revival. I saw a pair of Wayfarers a few months back in a translucent red colour and they just felt so thin and weedy in my hands now I’ve got so used to 10mm block cut acetate. You could even feel the line going along the top of the temple arm due to poor finishing and not polishing out the residue from the die cast rim. Anyway congrats on putting together a unique winner (just be careful at the beach!)

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
Quentin Havana today - my guess is the Quentin will become one of the sought after classics. I was one of the hammer haters at first but I’ve grown to really like this frame

Attachments

• IMG_9697.jpeg
    IMG_9697.jpeg
    227.9 KB · Views: 107

Prometheus195

Reaction score
Fixed that for ya!😁

And on the subject of under-used colours as opposed to endless variations of black and dark tort, @JessBob those Marlboro Molinos look great. IIRC they only used that colour on 55 Diamond Cross Molinos amirite? I seem to remember liking the look of them when they came out, but as regular Molinos fit me perfectly I can assume that 55s will look garishly wide on me. Anyway that’s a frame colour definitely worthy of revival. I saw a pair of Wayfarers a few months back in a translucent red colour and they just felt so thin and weedy in my hands now I’ve got so used to 10mm block cut acetate. You could even feel the line going along the top of the temple arm due to poor finishing and not polishing out the residue from the die cast rim. Anyway congrats on putting together a unique winner (just be careful at the beach!)
I snagged a Marlboro Molino 55 during a boutique opening last autumn and I love it.
Way back in the day they released the Dealan in Maraschino, which looks identical but with green lenses, and I am surprised that it hasn't been used more. Personally I am fond of the burgundy colorway but haven't seen it in any wider frames.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I snagged a Marlboro Molino 55 during a boutique opening last autumn and I love it.
Way back in the day they released the Dealan in Maraschino, which looks identical but with green lenses, and I am surprised that it hasn't been used more. Personally I am fond of the burgundy colorway but haven't seen it in any wider frames.
Yeah we discussed not so long ago about the translucent red Dealans as I’d seen pics online but never seen them IRL (and I’ve been around here since page 17 lest we forget!😁) I wondered if they were fakes but it turns out they are legit they were just released a loooooong time ago. Anyway definitely a colour that deserves a revival amongst ever more creative ways to say “black”!

D32169

Reaction score
Fixed that for ya!😁

My Molino 51s also fit perfectly but don’t disregard the possibility that a clear 55 couldn’t look great.

Attachments

• IMG_0794.jpeg
    IMG_0794.jpeg
    243.9 KB · Views: 94

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Molino 51s also fit perfectly but don’t disregard the possibility that a clear 55 couldn’t look great.
Yeah I’ve tried some clear frames and as their edges are not so defined they wear ‘smaller’. I have a pair of Oliver Peoples Cabrillo bought several years ago before I discovered JMMs. They’re a similar chunky acetate (with titanium temple tips). They’re clear frames with blue lenses and definitely wear smaller than if they were heavy black or dark blue.

D32169

Reaction score
Yeah I’ve tried some clear frames and as their edges are not so defined they wear ‘smaller’. I have a pair of Oliver Peoples Cabrillo bought several years ago before I discovered JMMs. They’re a similar chunky acetate (with titanium temple tips). They’re clear frames with blue lenses and definitely wear smaller than if they were heavy black or dark blue

D32169

Reaction score
There are so many great frames that are too large for me, I‘m happy to have found an oversized pair that works.

bernieleung

Reaction score
Discovered JMM two days ago and bought the Vendome (the top line screams mustang masculine!) and Julian from the Hollywood gallery. Now I am hunting for a Jax in a black, grey or clear but it seems impossible to find even on the secondary used market - any guidance greatly appreciated!

LuisedPicked

Reaction score
Yeah I’ve tried some clear frames and as their edges are not so defined they wear ‘smaller’. I have a pair of Oliver Peoples Cabrillo bought several years ago before I discovered JMMs. They’re a similar chunky acetate (with titanium temple tips). They’re clear frames with blue lenses and definitely wear smaller than if they were heavy black or dark blue.

If you find that size 51 fits you perfectly, size 55 will be oversized for you
The Molino 55 has the same width dimensions as the Torino

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This looks good. Not clear if it's the 51 or the 55.. if this is the regular size, the 55 won't look good, in my opinion.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sona Umar