• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish I could add custom emojis to styleforum

Me whenever there's another stupid post...

image-removebg-preview (19).png

obecity

Reaction score
I wish I could add custom emojis to styleforum

Me whenever there's another stupid post...
There can be some silliness here every now and then, but I say it’s best just to let it roll off your back. Like I always say, “No harm, no foul.” JMTCWIYAWTTI.

Anything new happening in your eyestyle world?

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There can be some silliness here every now and then, but I say it’s best just to let it roll off your back. Like I always say, “No harm, no foul.” JMTCWIYAWTTI.

Anything new happening in your eyestyle world?

I got denied by costco recently trying to put lenses into some Torino bc apparently they don't work with thick acetate anymore. I was about to put some in my Vascos, but I realized a blue gradient lens would work better.

I guess I have to go to one of the online places, or maybe try somewhere in NYC, hopefully inexpensive.

obecity

Reaction score
I got denied by costco recently trying to put lenses into some Torino bc apparently they don't work with thick acetate anymore. I was about to put some in my Vascos, but I realized a blue gradient lens would work better.

I guess I have to go to one of the online places, or maybe try somewhere in NYC, hopefully inexpensive.
My local Costco hasn’t never touched any outside frames. Hopefully you made use of them when they offered the service.

I love blue gradient lenses. Pair it (a light fashion tint) with the zeiss photofusion blue so you can use them indoors and out. You’ll love it breh. Plus, being a young whipper snapper, you’ll pull it off better than I do!

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Blancpain

Reaction score
How do people figure out a fair price to list their frames for sale, and where do you sell them? I don't have Facebook so is on here or eBay the only options?

I have a pair of black LF Rawlins from the Venice store VIP event so they're #199/200. I lost the cool case somewhere on vacation (rip), but have a brand new JMM leather case to include. They have prescription lenses but I also have the clear demo lenses and all papers, receipt, etc. Looking on eBay seems like there's a big range from $1500 all the way to $3395. Any advice or should I just put them up for bid?

Attachments

• IMG_6902.jpeg
    IMG_6902.jpeg
    224.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_6904.jpeg
    IMG_6904.jpeg
    309.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_6905.jpeg
    IMG_6905.jpeg
    285.9 KB · Views: 105

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do people figure out a fair price to list their frames for sale, and where do you sell them? I don't have Facebook so is on here or eBay the only options?

I have a pair of black LF Rawlins from the Venice store VIP event so they're #199/200. I lost the cool case somewhere on vacation (rip), but have a brand new JMM leather case to include. They have prescription lenses but I also have the clear demo lenses and all papers, receipt, etc. Looking on eBay seems like there's a big range from $1500 all the way to $3395. Any advice or should I just put them up for bid?
Good questions.
(I have those same black LF Rawlins - very cool)
I’m not on Facebook. I have a few pairs for sale on eBay. The price offered is approx what I paid for them, around the retail. I’m not expecting to make much / any profit but I won’t sell at a loss either. So retail price seems to be the approximate starting point for prices and they creep up from there depending on how exclusive the model was and / or if it happens to be a frame / colour combo that was particularly popular.

As for prices on eBay - there seems to be a lot of JMMs appearing on there, especially LFs, with vastly inflated prices perhaps twice or more than the retail price and they’re usually from Japan. I can only assume that either demand far outstrips supply in Japan and the seller(s) are looking to capitalise, or else the seller just has a ridiculously skewed impression of what the market will bear.

If you put yours up for sale at $1500 I reckon they’d sell quickly. A bit less than retail (I think I paid $1800 approx two years ago) but then you don’t have the full set of boxes etc which cuts down on potential sale price. The higher you go from that starting point the longer they may take to sell. You might get $2.5 k for them … but it might take many months to sell! Good luck!

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fellini Tempest.

1000017182-jpg.2186277

1000017184.jpg

Such a lovely subtle shade of grey. The arrowhead silver pins were more heavily oxidised, so that I had to use Cape Cod.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member