• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Mojo1990

Reaction score
Ah yes :) please replace the o with an a in the URL after copy paste

I've got the pictures here:

sosuke

Reaction score
3 should be a medium and 4 a large. I've never seen a size 1 Yohji piece in my life but that's not the reason I say 3 is M and 4 is L. All the size 3 Yohji pieces I've owned and own now have fit like a medium; some with the usual slouchy fit.

ProfMonnitoff

Reaction score
Kind of pointless to argue about which YYPH size corresponds to which S/M/L size seeing that most people can wear most sizes, it depends more on what kind of fit you want. Best to go to a store that sells YYPH and try on a few things in different sizes to get a feel for it. YYPH sizing is fairly consistent over the years from my experience. If it matters I'm 185cm and a size 50 in most regular things and most of my YYPH is size 3, with a few size 4 pieces. On jackets the main factor to decide between size 3/4 for me is how long I want the sleeves to be. In old YYPH sizing I have a few L things as well as one item in M, but it certainly fits nothing like an L in other brands.

Last edited:

christyf64

Reaction score
I found a pair of YJPH at the thrift store -- men's cotton drawstring pants with elastic cuffs. Tag looks good but the fabric care tag is throwing me. It says Made in Portugal. Could they be fake? I know the older posts in this thread said it wasn't a faked brand but has that changed in recent years?

Thank you in advance!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads