• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

dantebykiko

Reaction score
Thanks for that. Very unsure about them as the hakamas are been key element and I've seen so many people buying them, almost like a trend. I've got my vintage silk hakamas which are awesome but the consumer in me wants to buy the black yohji version....

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
esox, thank you so so much for posting these. They're all amazing, and I personally especially like this last one. Great stuff.

Great fits, guys, all of you. Valter rocking those hakamas real well, they do go particularly well with a long jacket/coat like that. I wonder what it would've looked like if you'd untucked the shirt. Good to see the vest too, I've never been much interested in waistcoats myself but I'm really getting into the idea of a gabardine one now.

Love this last one, Parker, and the all navy from David. Shah, that jacket is beautiful, I think this is one of your best ones yet. For me this jacket + tee combo works super well with the hakamas, gorgeous stuff.

stads, thanks for the heads up on the ln-cc aw12 drop, definitely some good stuff there. Really like both of the drawstring pants, perhaps especially the wide navy pair. The striped suit looks good too though I'd personally perfer a longer rise. Not sure why they are consistently not specifying the measurements for size 4? Seems like stuff isn't that fitted this season?

That diamond pattern was used as piping on some cotton ss12 pants, seems like it's used both for lining in that costume d'homme and on the back of the vest.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
thanks fellas :) jacket is the ramie/cotton blend , it's quite nice and versatile too

From which look are those black hakamas? Fabric?

They look like Look 39, 010 100% cotton. Wrong?

yeah, the jersey hakamas. so light-weight and soft. Luis at Louvre said the danger is you just wanna keep touching them, and I find it's true lol

esox these are great photos am glad you've taken the time !

Last edited:

cupper

Reaction score
Esox epic posts! thanks.

Excellent looks from all you guys thanks for posting.

David I think I haven't seen a fit pic from you where you use the same garment :rotflmao: you and Ivwri seem to have a never ending yohji wardrobe. :worship2:
Really great blazer and pants. It's always great to read your descriptions of the fabric and details.

Parker It's been a pleasure seeing your fit pics and your excellent integration of coming soon and yohji garments from day one. I'm taking notes, please keep posting. :slayer:

Shah I find the hakamas + blazer look quite awesome (probably super comfortable as well) and one can play with proportions using a more fitted or voluminous blazer.

dantebykiko Is it still possible to get those vintage silk hakamas or was it a one time opportunity?

My first vintage YYPH piece has arrived. :D

First impressions are great but despite being new it has some dirt from storage. Nothing serious I think but I'm taking it to the cleaner. After that I'll post fit pic.

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
are there any pics of the ss12 high top painted sneakers ? i can't seem to find anything but the blue lowtops (which will never be mine :cry: ) and am wondering if they even featured on the runway ??

edit: nm found a bunch :eek:

Last edited:

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
big thanks to esox for posting all that. the Y's men made my day.

Shah, that's my favorite fit I've ever seen from you. looks fantastic.

davidlee388

Reaction score
Quote: All my garments are from rent-a-Yohji
biggrin.gif
only joking..I'm probably the oldest among you guys so I sort of grew up with the great man himself so I tend to have a fair few pieces. Also just like to share as much information as possible with others so we all go and buy his stuff to keep his business afloat that's all
tounge.gif

Looking forward to seeing your fit pictures.

Last edited:

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great posts guys. All the fits are great, even though I have come to gradually hate Rick dunks since shah was just wearing them for show it's all good :D. That double breasted jacket is definitely one of my favourite pieces in my wardrobe david an excellent jacket indeed.

From which look are those black hakamas? Fabric?

Thought those pants would be the look 7 ones.

esox, those images are all great. Downloading and adding to my image collection right now :). Will probably also add them to the YY Archive dropbox once I get to a faster internet connection tomorrow.

Esox epic posts! thanks.
Excellent looks from all you guys thanks for posting.
David I think I haven't seen a fit pic from you where you use the same garment :rotflmao: you and Ivwri seem to have a never ending yohji wardrobe. :worship2:
Really great blazer and pants. It's always great to read your descriptions of the fabric and details.

Haha, well, I definitely don't have as many pieces as it may look like I have, I just style them differently :).

I agree with you asobu on the wide drawstring pants on ln-cc. Those navy ones are calling my name :embar:. Wonder which look they are on the runway (or if they are even on the runway at all), suspecting look 15.

Last edited:

esox

Reaction score
glad you guys liked the pics.
smile.gif

ivwri: if you like i can give you a download link for the full size pics of the last 2 posts. just postet smaller ones because it took ages to upload full size pics.

just bought one jacket and one suit online. both older stuff. first time for me buying online. lets see whether i am a lucky guy or not.
smile.gif

i like the striped jacket and the trousers of ln-cc and of course the wide drawstring pants. but the price!
crazy.gif

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
forgot that I saved this the other day. from the exceptionally well-dressed metrobulotdodo. i thought this was a really beautiful piece when I stumbled on the picture. it's soooo simple but the cut, the way it falls, the way the straps hang lazily, and the one zipper make it really great to me. you can see how light and airy it is by looking at the bottom, where you can see it's almost sheer. i really think my wife would look fantastic in yohji ( :inlove: ). wonder how to make that happen...

Y’s Yohji Yamamoto Oversize Overall Skirt

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

i really think my wife would look fantastic in yohji ( :inlove: ). wonder how to make that happen...

don't doubt the power of suggestion when you tell her how she looks [even more] beautiful in the elegance of yohji :inlove:

perhaps is same apron as this ?
tumblr_lqae9nM8za1r1kg6ko1_250.jpg

Last edited:

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just surprise her with a beautiful piece and describe it how you just did.
she cannot refuse.

and if she does make sure you keep the tags and that its returnable

Last edited:

davidlee388

Reaction score
Tonight's a comfortable outfit. non-black for a change :)

YYPH AW03 Look 19 Leather Insert Blazer ( HU-J21-119 ) 70/30 wool/linen blend, flannel type hand, body half lined in fabric, buttonless sleeves lined in cupro. Military inspired, 5 metal button closure, 4 front buttoned flap pockets. collar fastened by a hook. Leather collar, shoulder and sleeve seams inserted with leather, 3 further leather chevron inserts on sleeves enhancing the military style. High back vent echoes the high front button placement allowing great movement. The Yohji-ness comes through by injecting leather and the oversizeness ( generous size 2 ) into the utilitarian equation.

Y-3 AW11 black herringbone cotton twill pants with concealed cuffs, CDG H+ belt and Timberland creepers.
PS. Asobu, anji_timu is selling this blazer RIGHT NOW.

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
is that a very light-weight wool i assume ? you don't look like a sz2 shorty :p
i read that as "concealed stuffs" at first :paranoia:

speaking of non-blacks, thought about the hat ... Ivwri u have this in black ya ? on the runway pics/videos it looks like the strap comes down under the chin too, i guess versatile, but you didn't wear it like that in the pic i saw. i think . anyway i was thinking of picking it up in the brown/khaki color maybe along with the grey hightops , they are so comfy though perhaps still too grey to wear with browns, so i might just go with the black ones hehehe decisions decisions !

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads