• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yet another steak thread.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
wagyuloin.jpg

wagyucertificate.jpg

I win.
smile.gif

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
kyle, that large hunk of meat trumps the faggotry of your craft beer thread. congrats.
smile.gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
kyle, that large hunk of meat trumps the faggotry of your craft beer thread. congrats.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Kunk told me my thread sucks. I might kick his ass just for saying that.

Unbreakable

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
So Im going to try this tomorrow but I dont have an cast iron skillet....I have an small frying pan and a larger, bowlike pan...

Should I buy a cast iron Skillet?

Ingredients:
Ribeye Steak
Rose Gold Potatoes
Fresh chopped garlic, green onions, and white onion
pepper
Can I just use vegetable oil instead of canola oil and olive oil?

-edit-

Ahh ill just make a definitive steak thread.

Cast Iron is the way to go, with that being said anyone have any good places to pick one up? My mom has one that her mom had, the thing is around 70+ years old. I keep hounding her to give it to me, but thats what she makes her cornbread in. And no a southern mom will NOT give up her cornbread "pan" to her only child! I think I may be out of the will for suggesting such a thing...

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ buy a Lodge. Good skillet for the money

Kyle, your beef looks
drool.gif
(no ****)

K

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wagyuloin.jpg

wagyucertificate.jpg

I win.
smile.gif

Do you trim off the end fat before cooking this? What do you do with all that fat?

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wagyuloin.jpg

wagyucertificate.jpg

I win.
smile.gif

Looks nice
smile.gif

What a vague certificate though. It says nothing about the rank/quality of the meat. There is a huge difference in taste (and price) between a supermarket quality Kuroge Wagyu and A5, so it would be nice to know when buying.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Do you trim off the end fat before cooking this? What do you do with all that fat?
The meat cook trims it and cleans it, with my help. Then I save all the fat. I usually wait until there's enough scrap to make hamburgers for the 30 staff member family meal I cook every day. Sometimes I have to grind wagyu fat into regular beef, which still makes it taste pretty damn good.
Originally Posted by ld111134
Who's the purveyor? Is Allen Brothers all they're cracked up to be?
This is coming straight from Japan, not through a distributor. I'll check the name tomorrow and pm it to you.
Originally Posted by Dragon
Looks nice
smile.gif

What a vague certificate though. It says nothing about the rank/quality of the meat. There is a huge difference in taste (and price) between a supermarket quality Kuroge Wagyu and A5, so it would be nice to know when buying.

That I'm not sure of either. Although it does say that the certificate verifies it is of the highest quality grade in Japan. I'll ask my Chef tomorrow.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Sounds like you got a bargain. Geek typically pays $5 an inch for his meat, but 10.5 inches would make him gag.

BTW, WalMart and beef should never be in the same sentence.

well you can certainly buy a webber grill at walmart and we know what you think of them and beef.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dragon
Looks nice
smile.gif

You can safely assume that at Cyrus it would be very good product.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
You can safely assume that at Cyrus it would be very good product.

Nah, it looks like a good product, but I wouldn`t safely assume that you are getting top quality wagyu in the States.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads