• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yanko - out of business?

ville_e

Reaction score
Have Yanko gone bankrupt? I was told so when I was in Barcelona. I purchased a pair of monk straps from El Corte Ingles but was told that they were selling the final inventory.

Does this also mean that Carmina is also out of business?

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yanko went under maybe three or four years ago. At the time there were talks about a Japanese buyer, but that obviously did not materialize.

Jose Albaladjo, who has been instrumental in setting up Yanko, left the company in 1997 to set up Carmina.
There is (or there was) Pepe Albaladejo, another Spanish shoe company.

In 1961, JosÃ
00a9.png
Albadalejo Pujadas, the founder’s great-grandson, continued the family tradition when he created Yanko, one of Spain’s largest shoe companies. In the 1980s, this firm turned out a total of one million pairs of shoes.

In 1997, after a downturn in the market when the demand for luxury shoes dropped dramatically, 60-year-old JosÃ
00a9.png
Albadalejo decided to create a new company together with his wife and some of his children in their native Majorca. The new business was called Carmina Albadalejo Shoemaker, and its goal was to create some of the world’s best hand-crafted shoes.
As far as I know, the closure of Yanko hasn’t had any impact on Carmina.

http://www.carminashoemaker.com/eng.html Â

septiembre

Reaction score
Not at all, they have opened a new store in madrid last year (quite near the other in my opinion). Their bussiness is going well, but there are no sales...

blackbowtie

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I just saw a couple of their shoes in a shop here in Washington DC a couple of weeks back.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackbowtie
I just saw a couple of their shoes in a shop here in Washington DC a couple of weeks back.
Sky Valet?

DavidinGray

Reaction score
You vultures keep your hands off those Yanko buckle boots at SkyValet. I've been eyeing those for the past month.

DIG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads