• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Would you (or do you) use a shoe service like this?

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The service I'm envisioning would come to your office or place of business, pick up one or more pair of your shoes, clean, condition, and polish them, and deliver them back to you the next business day (or, potentially, the same day). The service would also have a relationship with a master cobbler and could arrange for repairs or resoling, once again picking up your shoes and delivering them back to you when they're ready.

Would you (or do you) use a service like this?

If you already use a service like this, how did you hear about it? And, if you don't mind sharing, how much does it cost? Also, what size city are you in?

If you would use a service like this if it was available in your city, how do you think you might hear about it? And how much would you be willing to pay for it?

The reason I'm asking is that I recently had surgery and looked (unsuccessfully) for a service like this in my city, so I think there's a business opportunity here, and I'm trying to gauge interest among people who I know care about their appearance and are in a position to own several pairs of high-end shoes. I'm also interested in hearing your ideas about how the owner of such a service might reach you to make you aware of it (or how they did, if you already use such a service).

BTW: If you're like me, and you find it relaxing/enjoyable to clean, condition, and polish your own shoes, please don't respond by saying, "Why would anyone want to use a service like that?" I get it. (I remember reading a twitter thread where Jason Isbell mentioned that he'd lost his iPhone while mowing his 5-acre lawn and somebody commented, "You know you can pay somebody to mow your lawn for you, right?" Jason responded, "That'd be like paying somebody to go fishing for me.")

Thanks for your help!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads