• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Worst present ever?

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

back when I was 10 or 11, my godparents gave me one of those japanese anime robot toys which was so cool. thing is when I opened it I noticed the plastic "metal" parts of the robot was tarnished, the styrofoam box was damaged and it was missing some weapons. a few weeks later we visited their house and I saw tjeir kid has the same ******* toy with a new box and all shiny and complete.
year after that they gave me 4 crates of eggs.

wut??? :laugh:

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a cheap black polyester pretied bow tie for Christmas. Was not impressed...

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I ******* found it so ******* unbelievable how they gave me a ******* used toy and crates of eggs for christmas when my siblings' godparents were giving them awesome toys. I refused to have anything to do with these tightwads as I grew up. oh, and a few years back my mom told me my godfather passed away, and I didn't even consider paying respect.

Last edited:

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread is hilarious. I started reading it on my iPhone during dinner and my family kept asking me what I was cackling about.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uncle sent me the ends on a bag of sour patch kids he couldn't finish off. like half the pack. He paid like $20 for rush shipping from the Caribbean to cambridge.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol @ serious responses to the Gifts of the Magi on p.3. You accepted that his wife "sold her hair" to buy him a watch chain? Do you live in Les Miserables? :laugh:

This whole thread is great.

When I was about 8, my grandparents made me cry on Christmas by filling my wrapped present with rocks from their recent basement renovations, but it turned out there was a note amongst the rocks telling me where my real presents were.

Last edited:

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lol @ serious responses to the Gifts of the Magi on p.3. You accepted that his wife "sold her hair" to buy him a watch chain?

+1 I laughed when I read that and thought "someone seems to have forgotten seventh-grade English class."

Philip

Reaction score
The first real birthday party i ever had that was not just family exclusive was when i was 11. it was a big pool party at my local aquatic centre where we rented out an indoor pool that had this giant inflatable train starting from one end of the pool to the other, it was basically an obstacle course. While trying to get to the other side there would be some teenage hick on the side with a firehose blowing kids with ice cold water knocking them off the train. I had a lot of baby fat when i was 9 so my belly was all red from belly flopping and scraping against the rough canvas that made up the train.

Anyway, for this party one of my 'friends' gave me an assortment of small chip packets (the kind you would have in your primary/elementary school lunch box), old happy meal toys, AA batteries, loose candy, the odd pokemon card, and other junk. It didn't even come in some kind of box, it was just encased in quick rough christmas wrapping and the kid's parents scolded me for taking so long to unwrap (the ol' reusing trick). Although when I was eventually invited to his birthday party I took revenge by going through his room and stealing as many pokemon cards as possible.

Also worst gift I've ever given someone is a pirated copy of Return of the King. This was during the era of recording pirated copies in the actual cinema. I tried making it look less dodgy by replacing the plastic sleeve it came with, with an actual dvd case.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Thanks for the necro-bump. I forgot how ******* funny the Magi post i did was. :laugh:

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread cracks me up. When I was about 15 or so, I asked my Dad all year for a leather jacket. After all, my best friend had a leather jacket, so I needed one too. Christmas rolls around, and I'm looking for anything under the tree that resembles a leather jacket. All of the presents are opened, and it seemed like my brothers got a bunch of stuff, and I didn't really receive much. As I was feeling slightly dejected, my Dad hands me a long red ribbon and tells me Merry Christmas. I follow the long ribbon, which leads across the room to... the coat closet! As I throw the door open, I gasp when I see...
a ******* electric heater for my room!

ZombieFlynn

Reaction score
When I was in college I wanted a mountain bike but couldn't afford one, so I asked my folks to get me one for Christmas. They got me a ******* mountain bike HELMET. It wasn't until years later that I bought myself an MTB.

Many years later my interest shifted from MTB to road racing bikes (Tour de France, etc.) and I had done a couple of local races already. For Christmas my father gets me a set of mountain bike armour - shin guards, elbow pads, etc. but it's sized for little kids.

AlphaAspect

Reaction score
From my parents i got a Hotdog cooker... That would have been okay if i didn't live at home, was aged 16 and didn't eat hotdogs because I have a strict bodybuilding diet. We all laugh about it now though

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't beat the ones already posted, but my grandmother (rest her soul) was basically bed ridden and would occasionally use her wheelchair with oxygen tank every so often to get out of the house. She loved dolls and plates for some reason. When she passed my parents had to figure out what to do with practically a room full of boxed dolls. I don't know what ended up happening with all that. Anyways, because she loved the Home Shopping Network and these things, us kids would always get them for Christmas. She'd at least get us these doll figurines and plates of baseball players like Lou Gehrig or Babe Ruth and beer steins of the same, so it was at least pertinent to our love of baseball. But every year there would always be some random plate or doll that would maybe be appropriate for a 7 year old girl. Knowing we had no use for these ones, my parents ended up taking them and I assume they are stashed somewhere.

My mom became deeply religious a few years ago. She hasn't had a job since I was born (which I respect my dad for being able to work hard towards his career to allow her to focus on raising us kids), but since we're all grown it now means minimal responsibility and waking up every day without anything to do. She also has zero hobbies to focus on and when I say zero, I mean I can't pinpoint a single hobby she's ever had in her life and spent time focusing on. So being that she has all day to do nothing she spends a good amount of time focusing on other peoples lives and telling them what they should be doing. It's to the point where I can't remember having an actual conversation with her for years now that didn't either start out with or turn into within a few seconds of her telling me what I "need" to be doing with some aspect of my life. Anyways, that's not her or there, but since she has so much free time and became religious, she spends all day either: reading and taking notes on some religious book, listening to Christian music or some past sermon from the preacher at her church, or talking on the phone to someone in her bible study about gossip or what someone else should be doing with their life. So every year me and my brothers get some book from some athlete in which the book has a religious bent. One year it was David Tyree's book. Guy was a no name wide receiver that made a one time great catch in a Super Bowl. Why would I want to read his book? I'm not even a Giants fan. This year my brothers and I all got some daily devotional biblical book. It's not that we don't believe in God, but like we've told her countless times before, we hate being preached to all the time.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

This thread cracks me up. When I was about 15 or so, I asked my Dad all year for a leather jacket. After all, my best friend had a leather jacket, so I needed one too. Christmas rolls around, and I'm looking for anything under the tree that resembles a leather jacket. All of the presents are opened, and it seemed like my brothers got a bunch of stuff, and I didn't really receive much. As I was feeling slightly dejected, my Dad hands me a long red ribbon and tells me Merry Christmas. I follow the long ribbon, which leads across the room to... the coat closet! As I throw the door open, I gasp when I see...
a ******* electric heater for my room!

I like your dad

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saranadar