• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Shorts yesterday. It’s too hot here still.

9F29E714-AE84-4A3C-A4DE-C13CB15AA1C5.jpeg

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EDIT: Apparently I just jumped the gun by a bit. Email is out this morning. Flannels look pretty amazing, too.

Maybe I missed the announcement here, but I just saw some new (to me) tees: Claudio.

A slightly more generous take on the Nero. Tencel/wool blend. Sounds lovely. (Plus, looks like new tags.)

I should've nabbed one of those scarves, too...I forgot about them soon after the announcement email.

Also, I'm not a sweatshirt guy at all, but this Massimo might just make me one. That might be the best dip-dye effect I've ever seen:
ombre1-1_2048x2048.jpg

Last edited:

psychodealer

Reaction score
EDIT: Apparently I just jumped the gun by a bit. Email is out this morning. Flannels look pretty amazing, too.

Maybe I missed the announcement here, but I just saw some new (to me) tees: Claudio.

A slightly more generous take on the Nero. Tencel/wool blend. Sounds lovely. (Plus, looks like new tags.)

I should've nabbed one of those scarves, too...I forgot about them soon after the announcement email.

Also, I'm not a sweatshirt guy at all, but this Massimo might just make me one. That might be the best dip-dye effect I've ever seen:
ombre1-1_2048x2048.jpg

I'm curious about those flannels from Japan last year. Personally not a huge fan of the patterns, but how do they feel? The fabric is ridiculously expensive at $33 per shirt (there's shirts after labor and everything that cost less than the fabric itself!!)

I have a tee with the same fabric as the tencel wool Claudio tee. It's a long sleeve and probably my most worn tee in cold weather. So good at insulation!!

gunslikethese

Reaction score
I ordered one of those sweatshirts too. I haven't ordered anything from WvG in a while because i haven't had a need for basics, and that seems to be Mauro's main focus for a little while now, but that sweatshirt looks pretty nice so I went for it.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm curious about those flannels from Japan last year. Personally not a huge fan of the patterns, but how do they feel? The fabric is ridiculously expensive at $33 per shirt (there's shirts after labor and everything that cost less than the fabric itself!!)

I have a tee with the same fabric as the tencel wool Claudio tee. It's a long sleeve and probably my most worn tee in cold weather. So good at insulation!!
The fabric is ******* expensive. The reason being it's narrow with goods and it's made in Japan. 2.3 to 2.5 yards per shirt. It's very nice fabric. Is it cashmere soft....no but it's ******* nice. You are correct with your assessment. The majority of shirts cost less than the fabric, complete.
Just do the math for the most part it's; fabric + CMT ( cut, make, trim) + duty = the designers cost per garment. Normally, the garment is marked up 2.0 to 2.7 times, that = "wholesale". Retail is "wholesale" x 2.3 to 2.7 times and that's retail price you see online or at stores. Every designer mark ups are different. My margins are tighter because I run a bare bones ship. Someone like Prada, Ralph Lauren, and the like have stupid high mark ups because their overhead is higher and in some cases they have share holders to keep happy.

The Claudio tee is the same fabric I use for the "not so basic" tees. Again, the fabric will knitted in Japan and is expensive. It's an incredibly soft and substantial fabric. The fit is on point IMO.

Here is the deal. This newsletter was for novelty "basics". In a week or two. I have a **** ton of bamboo sorona tees all short sleeve in 135gr and in 270gr. Hopefully, by the end of November all the long sleeve tees will be ready. I will wait a few days before I release a general newsletter so that rewards members can get the lion share if they so choose.

If anyone is still interested in a scarf, I will make it happen just email me.

psychodealer

Reaction score
The fabric is ******* expensive. The reason being it's narrow with goods and it's made in Japan. 2.3 to 2.5 yards per shirt. It's very nice fabric. Is it cashmere soft....no but it's ******* nice. You are correct with your assessment. The majority of shirts cost less than the fabric, complete.
Just do the math for the most part it's; fabric + CMT ( cut, make, trim) + duty = the designers cost per garment. Normally, the garment is marked up 2.0 to 2.7 times, that = "wholesale". Retail is "wholesale" x 2.3 to 2.7 times and that's retail price you see online or at stores. Every designer mark ups are different. My margins are tighter because I run a bare bones ship. Someone like Prada, Ralph Lauren, and the like have stupid high mark ups because their overhead is higher and in some cases they have share holders to keep happy.

The Claudio tee is the same fabric I use for the "not so basic" tees. Again, the fabric will knitted in Japan and is expensive. It's an incredibly soft and substantial fabric. The fit is on point IMO.

Here is the deal. This newsletter was for novelty "basics". In a week or two. I have a **** ton of bamboo sorona tees all short sleeve in 135gr and in 270gr. Hopefully, by the end of November all the long sleeve tees will be ready. I will wait a few days before I release a general newsletter so that rewards members can get the lion share if they so choose.

If anyone is still interested in a scarf, I will make it happen just email me.

That not so basic tee's fabric is freaking amazing. I'm upset that the technical clothing crowd aren't diving heads straight into WvG tees. Will you be making longsleeved versions from the novelty fabrics? A black Claudio in long sleeve would be pretty sweet!

I don't expect anything cotton to be cashmere soft haha. Yeah just the price of the fabric really shows how luxurious the shirt might be. I wonder how it would feel compared to the already really soft traditional long sleeved flannels from Lands End and the likes. I know just the cost of the fabric is more than the whole shirt making process for LE, but I wonder how much of that can be told just by felling it.

fdyla

Reaction score
I too ordered a sweatshirt. Love the dip dye in the photo and had been wanting a dip dye sweat for a long time. At the price, with such a nice looking ombre + sewn in italy, I couldn't pass this one up.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That not so basic tee's fabric is freaking amazing. I'm upset that the technical clothing crowd aren't diving heads straight into WvG tees. Will you be making longsleeved versions from the novelty fabrics? A black Claudio in long sleeve would be pretty sweet!

I don't expect anything cotton to be cashmere soft haha. Yeah just the price of the fabric really shows how luxurious the shirt might be. I wonder how it would feel compared to the already really soft traditional long sleeved flannels from Lands End and the likes. I know just the cost of the fabric is more than the whole shirt making process for LE, but I wonder how much of that can be told just by felling it.
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. Plus WvG is really small. I doubt the technical crowd has even heard about WvG.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally I can't figure out why WvG isn't bigger on r/malefashionadvice. They all seem like they're huge on a) tech fabrics, and b) well-priced basics. So why are they buying ******* Pistol Lake and not WvG?

Best I can figure is that everybody who posts there is an idiot with awful taste.

fdyla

Reaction score
Personally I can't figure out why WvG isn't bigger on r/malefashionadvice. They all seem like they're huge on a) tech fabrics, and b) well-priced basics. So why are they buying ******* Pistol Lake and not WvG?

Best I can figure is that everybody who posts there is an idiot with awful taste.

I started out on here like 4 years ago, and then started using MFA a lot because it seemed more active / young. But as I grew into my own style and tastes, I realized that the sub is (in general) very clueless. It's important to remember that at it's core, that sub is for people who don't know how to dress to ask for advice. Thus, it isn't super surprising that they largely are uneducated/new to clothing. There are a lot of jokes that circulate that sub about the de facto advice being "Buy an OCBD, raw denim, and some clarks" and those jokes are rooted in truths. For the last 3-4 years, they have been recommending that exact thing nonstop. It becomes a bit of a vicious cycle where people who just learned how to not look terrible 4 months ago offer their advice to someone about how to dress, but all they know is how to put on a decent fitting uniqlo shirt and some slim denim so that advice becomes standard.

Granted, if you are trying to dress someone who has no idea what to do, an OCBD and some decent fitting jeans is a great place to start. But my rather long-winded point is that the audience there is rather hive-mind-ish and also pretty inexperienced. Sometimes I go over there after spending too much time on the John Elliott SF page and then I see a comment chain about people not being able to justify $100 for a Reigning Champ Sweatshirt and then I remember that a lot of these people just want to look presentable and are not people who actually care about clothing.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pheng Chia