• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who were some of your worst, rudest, and/or most ignorant customers?

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When I worked at Nordstrom we had a gentleman come in from Saudi Arabia who entered the store about 10 minutes before close. As per our policy, we did not ask the gentleman to exit but continued to assist him until he was satisfied, keeping all associates in the store.
He looked at suits for about an hour and got four of them (Canali and Zegna) marked for tailoring. When we proceed to checkout he began to try and negotiate on price. He said he wanted free tailoring and 30% off the price or he would not take them. I nicely explained that we did not negotiate prices and the price listed was the best I could offer at the moment. He demanded to see my manager and was appalled that it was not customary to haggle on price. He left cursing us for waiting his time.
In total the event took us about an hour and a half past close and every store employee in the mens department had to stay until he left...
The second example that comes to mind really affected me most because it happened during my first week as a SA. This time a man came into our store and explained he had a blind date set up and needed a whole new outfit and cost was no object, it needed to be perfect. We spent what seemed like forever picking out a whole outfit from shoes to the SC and everything in between. He thanked me and said he would be in again due to the superb service he had received. We got it all tailored and he picked it up in time for his date.
True to his word, he returned two days later and sought me out. He explained how well the date went and how the woman was a bombshell etc etc... Then said he needed to return everything because it wasn't his style.
There were mustard stains on the shirt, the shoes were worn, and the SC and pants had been altered. I felt cheated out of the commission and felt like it was wrong for him to return them so I called my manager to assist him. My manager politely apologized we got his style wrong an returned the garments. On his way out the customer had the balls to thank me again for the help...

Last edited:

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The second example that comes to mind really affected me most because it happened during my first week as a SA. This time a man came into our store and explained he had a blind date set up and needed a whole new outfit and cost was no object, it needed to be perfect. We spent what seemed like forever picking out a whole outfit from shoes to the SC and everything in between. He thanked me and said he would be in again due to the superb service he had received. We got it all tailored and he picked it up in time for his date.
True to his word, he returned two days later and sought me out. He explained how well the date went and how the woman was a bombshell etc etc... Then said he needed to return everything because it wasn't his style.
There were mustard stains on the shirt, the shoes were worn, and the SC and pants had been altered. I felt cheated out of the commission and felt like it was wrong for him to return them so I called my manager to assist him. My manager politely apologized we got his style wrong an returned the garments. On his way out the customer had the balls to thank me again for the help...

They actually let him do that? :confused:

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
worst I have heard was when a client at huntsman was told that the bench tailor working on his suit was very ill in hospital (Cancer I think) so his suit was delayed. The client shot back with: well if he dies who makes up my suit?! He got the phone slammed down on him for that one and rightly so.

I think the worst for me was 4 hours straight, talking about one $225 shirt. An hour fine, 2 hours and I wanted to kill him, 3 hours I was ready to kill myself. It was quite an unremarkable shirt as well, the guy just talked himself around in circles and obsessed about every conceivable detail. Really felt like some kind of ironic punishment, it made me hate something I love to do. I had to sit in a darkened room with a bottle of scotch for an hour after that. My wife thought someone had died or something.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think the worst for me was 4 hours straight, talking about one $225 shirt. An hour fine, 2 hours and I wanted to kill him, 3 hours I was ready to kill myself. It was quite an unremarkable shirt as well, the guy just talked himself around in circles and obsessed about every conceivable detail. Really felt like some kind of ironic punishment, it made me hate something I love to do. I had to sit in a darkened room with a bottle of scotch for an hour after that. My wife thought someone had died or something.

I honestly have no idea what could have been said in that conversation that it took four hours. Maybe he was lonely?

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

worst I have heard was when a client at huntsman was told that the bench tailor working on his suit was very ill in hospital (Cancer I think) so his suit was delayed. The client shot back with: well if he dies who makes up my suit?! He got the phone slammed down on him for that one and rightly so.

I worked at a kiosk on a train station, when I was in school one afternoon during rush hour someone decided that jumping out in front of a passing through train, was a good idea, which meant that all the train traffic in the whole city was shut down, due to the paramedics etc. had to walk around on tracks and remove the guy and standing on the platform it was pretty damn obvious what had happened.

Then some guy walks in to the kiosk where I was working which had NOTHING to do with the train traffic and starts complaining about that it was an atrocious that the trains were delayed and he wanted a taxi on our dime, he didn't want to listen to reason when I told him, that that someone was lying in pieces on tracks etc., I was very close to jumping over the counter and drag him down to look at what had happened.

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The customer is always right. Right assholes. It's not just retail customers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads