• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who makes good quality t-shirts?

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everlane can be hit-or-miss, but their heather grey and 'muted black' t-shirts have really good fabric for the $15 price. I alternate between those two colors on the regular.

Last edited:

Made in California

Reaction score

Awesome write-up, thank you.

Funny, the Icebreaker shirts actually look very cool - I never thought I'd buy something even bordering on fashionable at REI. If REI is entry and Outlier the top end, then the whole price gamut would span $80-$100?

Last edited:

eskamobob1

Reaction score

Awesome write-up, thank you.

Funny, the Icebreaker shirts actually look very cool - I never thought I'd buy something even bordering on fashionable at REI. If REI is entry and Outlier the top end, then the whole price gamut would span $80-$100?

Ice breakers have gotten more expensive since I last looked. 6 months ago they were going for $40. You can probably find other Marino Ts around there. And yes, the price range for them is pretty small simply because there are so few options.

Made in California

Reaction score

My very first post is about to be the best advice you ever heard...

Express 

Not too cheap and not too expensive, also its like 5 or 10 percent spandex which works very well for an undershirt IMO.

See now I've got a shirt from Express and the cut is good - it's the "Stretch V-Neck" with 6% spandex. The color is nice. There are no inherent issues with it. But then I compare it to this tee I've got from Paolo Pecora in the same color and it suddenly looks cheap. I definitely wear the shirts I have from AA, Express even Merona and they're great value for money, but I think if I were trying to dress to impress it would stay on the hanger. Express is cool but, depending on what OP is looking for, a tee by Varvatos or even Theory (which isn't known for having mind-blowing quality) would be a noticeable step up.

Last edited:

il_colonnello

Reaction score
I have various merino-wool T-shirts. Problem is they seem to be available mostly from outdoor/climbing etc. apparel suppliers (Icebreaker, Bergans, Ortovox) and look it, so outside of sports and hiking activities I wear them only if they disappear more or less completely under the next layer. Which is not the case if the next layer is a V-neck jumper or a cardigan.

lawschooldropout

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the merino wool t shirts by foreign rider co? I've been eying them for a while now, but haven't pulled the trigger.

4characters

Reaction score
Iron Heart makes good quality t-shirts.

IHPT-04 - V Neck Pocket T-Shirt Review:
This is my first Iron Heart t-shirt. It’s nothing like any other t-shirt I've ever owned: it's much nicer. Generally speaking I severely dislike v-necks, but I really like this v-neck.

Fabric:
It is really the exact fabric I was hoping it would be: Very heavy and rugged, yet noticeably softer than even most of my Supima tees. Loopwheeled too! So no side-seems plus it's likely to get that awesome horizontal grain after some wear.

Stitching:
Thick poly stitching. I’ve had stitching go out on other extra long staple cotton shirts before because the fabric is better than the stitching, but this is not the case for this shirt: both fabric and stitching is super beefy.

Fit:
Classic relaxed fit.

Overall it’s a nice shirt. So many different companies make t-shirts, but this one really succeeds on virtually every level. I love how Iron Heart can take something as simple as a plain grey t-shirt and make something truly great of it. The fabric, construction, and details work together well to make an exceptional shirt that I will be able to enjoy for many years to come.

This shirt: http://www.ironheart.co.uk/cutnsewn/ihpt-04.html

Mead

Reaction score
I am waiting for a pack of Left Field T shirts, I will post a review.

CR78

Reaction score

I have various merino-wool T-shirts. Problem is they seem to be available mostly from outdoor/climbing etc. apparel suppliers (Icebreaker, Bergans, Ortovox) and look it, so outside of sports and hiking activities I wear them only if they disappear more or less completely under the next layer. Which is not the case if the next layer is a V-neck jumper or a cardigan.

Check out Wool & Prince. Their entire product line is pretty solid.

il_colonnello

Reaction score
Thanks. Have e-mailed them about measurements. Their description "finally a wool T that doesn't scream weekend camping trip" is exactly what I was talking about.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bellybalanceau