• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where are people buying their watches?

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Browsing through B&S, I notice that watches are hardly ever listed. I've also noticed that there don't seem to be any bargain watch websites the way there are for clothes (e.g. STP).

Are people paying full retail for their (expensive, luxury) watches? If not -- and I hope not -- where do you go and what do you do to find bargains?

tky56

Reaction score
From looking around on the forums, several members seem to buy vintage luxury watches (i.e. Omega), which usually can be found for a relative bargain in your local shop or even online.

Part of the problem is that it is very easy to produce replica luxury watches that will fool the average customer from far away, and so most people are reluctant to buy watches that seem like a very good deal.

obie

Reaction score
Try the Sales Corners of various watch forums. Timezone, Watchuseek, Poor Mans Watch Forum and others. Now is actually a very good time to buy used watches as their value had plummeted over the last several months. I buy and sell exclusively through Timezone.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i've ordered two watches through www.thewatchery.com i don't think they are an AD for anyone, but they have great prices for brand new watches and they are very prompt to respond/ship.

huy

Reaction score
For used watches, watch forums are the best places to buy. For new watches there are grey market dealers online and authorized dealers that will sell at a discount. Ebay can also be a good place to find watches if you can spot the fakes.

ProphetHammer

Reaction score
Jomashop.com gemnation.com authenticwatches.com interwatches.com are all great stores to buy from. They're all grey market dealers who offer very good prices for authentic watches. I've bought from Authenticwatches.com (breitling) and Gemnation.com (tag) and haven't been disappointed.

Be very careful with e-bay. You can find some good deals on there but often enough those good deals will be replicas, hence the amazing price.

sfo423

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ProphetHammer
Jomashop.com gemnation.com authenticwatches.com interwatches.com are all great stores to buy from. They're all grey market dealers who offer very good prices for authentic watches. I've bought from Authenticwatches.com (breitling) and Gemnation.com (tag) and haven't been disappointed.

Be very careful with e-bay. You can find some good deals on there but often enough those good deals will be replicas, hence the amazing price.

If you are buying new and buying luxury, stay away from gray market. No warranty, sometimes removed serial #s and all around ****** service IF you need anything post purchase.

Start w/used. If its your first foray into lux watches, you will want a different watch or second watch after a while (meaning you depreciation on a used piece (vs. new) is minimal.

peterfranks

Reaction score
Watch U seek And Timezone sales forums are your best bet. Ebay can be good if you know EXACTLY what you are looking for (and how to tell a real one from a fake!)

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alley behind Canal St.

Actually, +1 to the suggestions above. I buy, sell and trade quite a few watches -- the days of paying retail and buying new are over. Look for an original owner watch, gently used with box and papers. As with anything, buy the seller as much as the watch. I picked up this Omega Constellation from the original owner in like new condition for less than 1/3 MSRP.

Connie-1.jpg

Twotone

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads