• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When do you shower?

dimshum

Reaction score
Usually I have to shower twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. Workouts really change things around though. If I workout during the day, I take my first shower after and take one before bed, and the same vice-versa. When sober, I feel pretty damn gross if I don't take a shower before sleeping.

c3cubed

Reaction score
Prefer a long hot bath in the evening before retiring, and then a quick shower afterwards.
Early morning showers are sometimes an unhealthy shock to the system, unless the valet measures the temperature of the water precisely.

c3cubed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BiPolar
i try to shower twice a day. but when i'm really tired from work, i don't shower. i heard it's really not good for your body.

There is truth in this, and once a day is more than enough. Overbathing will remove the protective oils in your skin that combat airborne virus/bugs - especially during the cold season. Folks that overscrub generally spend more than a month per year in bed with the flu.

X-It

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
I like to wash all of my sins away in the evening.

Which soap do you use to wash all of your sins away?

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by X-It
Which soap do you use to wash all of your sins away?
wash_sins.jpg

Reaction score
i know it's not good to shower too many times a day, so i usually just shower once in the morning after eating and exercising. sometimes i take another shower at night if i'm feeling extra gross.

Thomas0302

Reaction score
3 times a day

1)Once when I wake up when I just wash my face and just try to wake myself up
2)Then once after work or school when I go out for the night so I smell good when I go out to a club/bar/date
3)Then right before I go to bed I do my main shower of the day where I not only bath but shave as well

JimmyBurke

Reaction score
I shower after breakfast and workout routine. I also have a shower radio so I can get the weather forecast and news.

KFS

Reaction score
Not to turn this thread into the hygiene of taking a dump but I can't sleep comfortably if I've got a dirty arse. I also usually crap in the evening (and hardly ever first thing in the morning). Therefore, shower time is just before bedtime for me.

I can't believe no one else has mentioned this yet. Is it just me?

Casey

Reaction score
Well, I usually go right before I take a shower just to be clean, although it's no problem if I go afterwards.

When I was in Vietnam a few years back, I would always wait to go before I took a shower because they didn't really use toilet paper OR a bidet, It was just a water spray... Yeah... I didn't know how to properly dry off afterwards so I just waited to take a shower.

But normally, I take a shower between 7 or 9 PM because I am fortunate enough to not smell that bad in the morning, so I take a shower at night to keep my bed clean.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To counteract the guys that shower 3+ times per day and do my part to conserve water I've decided to stop showering.

Anyone know a good cologne?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads