• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whats the best hairproduct?

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm actually looking to get a different brand of wax, Gatsby's hold isn't strong enough for me. My hair is slightly curly and also very fine so it starts to fall after 2-3 hours.

I have it narrowed down to:

1. Aveda
2. D:fi
3. Renati
4. B&B Sumowax

Any suggestions?

pkiula

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NaTionS
My hair is slightly curly and also very fine so it starts to fall after 2-3 hours.

Wow, that's just the description of MY hair
smile.gif

I haven't used 2, 3, 4 on your list but I'll share a tip as a fellow same-hair owner. Only the wax should not be your consideration, it also depends on what your shampoo and conditioner do. I use all Aveda products now. They make my hair MUCH softer and in control, then their pomade does the rest. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Z_Cavaricci

Reaction score
I miss my Dep hair gel from back in the day.
laugh.gif

On a serious note, I use Jonathan Product called Silky Dirt.
I have thick black hair and this really holds my hair for hours on end.

captainfunk

Reaction score
I've typically avoided hair products that are too sticky, crunchy, and generally unpleasant. I hadn't really found anything I liked until the woman who cut my hair in New York last month put some Malin + Goetz sage styling cream in my hair. It's magic. Highly recommended. Not crunchy, not waxy. Smells real nice. http://www.malinandgoetz.com/index.p...mart&Itemid=56 I give my full recommendation.

fathergll

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NaTionS
I'm actually looking to get a different brand of wax, Gatsby's hold isn't strong enough for me. My hair is slightly curly and also very fine so it starts to fall after 2-3 hours. I have it narrowed down to: 1. Aveda 2. D:fi 3. Renati 4. B&B Sumowax Any suggestions?
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. d:fi extreme cream It will make your hair stay anyway you want even the next day if you didn't wash it out(I wouldn't recommend that obviously)

Chico2007

Reaction score
I use Bumble & Bumble Sumowax. It works well when my hair is short and long. One jar was enough for 3 yrs. I usually only use it 3 times a week. One thing I prefer is to not wash my hair too often. Every other day if good enough.

dom999

Reaction score
@fathergll

dfi extreme..
yeah its gonna hold like crazy, its a nice product, but it gets sticky as hell

i mean, thats probably logically, somehow the hair has to stay up.

i like the product since its the only one that holds up the hair, here is a list of products that dont do that for my hair:

crew fiber
crew forming cream
paul mitchell tea tree
black&white pluko
redken rough paste

fiber promises a strong hold, but its ridiculously weak as ****, almost as weak as the "light hold" forming cream, which leaves the hair much softer.

the paul mitchell is between fiber & forming cream and is also much "lighter" (wont weigh down the hair at all as far as i can tell -> so much volume&body)

the black&white pomade smells incredible, leaves my hair quite soft and a little shiny, but the hold isnt to strong either (imo as strong as forming cream)
the rough paste is a little bit like the tea tree, but weighs down a little bit more, but gives also a slighty better structure.

honestly, the only product from the above that really disappoints me is fiber, since its supposed to be strong and everyone says its the best they ever used - no way in hell, most of them probably never tried anything else except gel. it lets the hair look like its "dead", it looks dryer as dry (even when i have nothing in my hair - fiber looks dryer! im not kidding.) And also, when i try to remould my hair with fiber after a while, it looks totally disheveled and weird.

oh, i just ordered kevin murphys night.rider - havent read much about it, i thought i would give it a try just for fun, i will report.

fathergll

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dom999
@fathergll

dfi extreme..
yeah its gonna hold like crazy, its a nice product, but it gets sticky as hell

i mean, thats probably logically, somehow the hair has to stay up.

i like the product since its the only one that holds up the hair, here is a list of products that dont do that for my hair:

haha. Well you asked for something that would hold your hair up no matter what. I would experiment a bit with rubbing it in your hands, using in wet hair, using different amounts.

http://www.amazon.com/D-fi-struct/dp...pr_product_top

This is the medium hold version. Probably not as sticky but not sure on the hold. Probably holds pretty well

greamelexon

Reaction score
Depends on the program you are going. I noticed that grunge is not the best place to work and get the best results. It is not too shiny, light to hold, and I can still my fingers through my hair without worrying about losing their hold.

dom999

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fathergll
haha. Well you asked for something that would hold your hair up no matter what. I would experiment a bit with rubbing it in your hands, using in wet hair, using different amounts.

http://www.amazon.com/D-fi-struct/dp...pr_product_top

This is the medium hold version. Probably not as sticky but not sure on the hold. Probably holds pretty well

jeah i am experimenting with it, as i said, its good stuff, smells nice, holds great, shine is more matt but not completely matt like fiber, only downside is the stickyness.

But when using small amounts it wont hold my hair, since its hard to evenly distribute through your hair, a little water helps.

zohahunt

Reaction score
I have used some of Gatsby , or henna products they are the best in my recent times. But now I have found the tea tree product made by a company and they are giving me the best result.

hair products

micaljack1987

Reaction score
I have seen all the post and also visited on the given link, really there have so many information about hair product. I like care of my hair, that's why I like to use hairspray all time. Its my one of the most likely product for hair. These all post will helpful for me.

dom999

Reaction score
as i said, i wanted to report on kevin murphys night rider paste

heres my first impression:

- nice smell (not too different from fiber, also kinda lemone smell)
- softer touch (also the product is softer than fiber, but still hard) than fiber and less "dry" but still matt
- better hold than fiber with same amount
- no flaking, also the product isnt as clumpy&chunky as fiber (before rubbing your hands together)
- little sticky like most products with a nice hold, but still way more natural than dfi extreme - i think its kinda even with fiber in this point.

so my first impression is quite good, gotta test it a little more though - used it on dry and shampooed hair (shampooed hair = a pain ********** to style for me, because its kinda fluffy and all over the place).

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gabriellasebastian015