• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's a good Tobacco Scent?

designprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for something tobacco, that lasts.
I have Serge Lutens -Fumeur Turque, initially strong boozey tobacco notes, but it goes powdery.
I have also tried Czech and Speake -ok. Creed Vintage Tabarome -close to Lutens IMO
Just wanting something"dark" for fall /cold days -any ideas?

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by designprofessor
I have Serge Lutens -Fumeur Turque, initially strong boozey tobacco notes, but it goes powdery.
I have also tried Czech and Speake -ok. Creed Vintage Tabarome -close to Lutens IMO

Just keep Peter Stokkebye shag in your pockets. Or start smoking.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Also consider L'Artisan Tea for Two. I think it's a great tobacco/tea scent. Alternately, CB has a Smoky Tobacco Accord which is quite good but one-dimensional. For a great budget scent, seek out a bottle of Nicole Miller for Men - candied-fruit/boozy/leather/tobacco.

ths

Reaction score
Burberry London works for me, smells like good tobacco, very addictive.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IDirector
I'm a big fan of the scent of Camels, but that's my opinion.

ewwwwwww. smelly, smelly beasts. No thanx

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jordanfsu
Yep tobacco vanille sounds like it might be worth a shot.

Test it before you buy: on my it started great, then quickly turned to honey.

HHD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by designprofessor

I'm looking for something similar.

I bought a selection of soaps as gifts from an artisan producer on holiday, but ended up keeping one called "Havane" - it's very rich: Tobacco, rum, amber, woody. I'd love a cologne that smells similar.

Earlier this month I passed a branch of Artisan Parfumeur, a Paris perfume boutique. The window display was dedicated to a new scent, "Havana Vanille" - advertised with battered leather suitcases, tobacco leaves, cigar boxes and Panama hats. I'm a sucker for that sort of sepia imagery so I tried it. Very good, but the vanilla is strong in this one and I don't like scents dominated by vanilla.

Any thoughts? Quite masculine, tobacco, amber and rum, without an overdose of vanilla...?

I know there was a perfume called Havana years ago. I haven't seen it for a while and I can't remember how it smelled...

jordanfsu

Reaction score
I think the Havana you're talking about was by Aramis. Quite expensive to get these days, but I hear its the stuff of the gods

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jordanfsu
I think the Havana you're talking about was by Aramis. Quite expensive to get these days, but I hear its the stuff of the gods
Thank goodness sanity prevailed with the suits at Lauder and they re-released in the original formulation a month or so ago. You can get it for $48 for 100mls from Bloomingdales, Nordies, etc. You can also get JHL and several other of the old, excellent aramis line. You can also order them online; just do a google search.

Jack2000

Reaction score
Michael Kors for men smells like pipe tobacco. Donna Karen fuel--there was a re-release of it is a great tobacco sent. Demeter fragrance library has some tobacco scents as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads