• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's a good pair of sneakers these days?

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i like the white common projects posted on the first page. too bad they are so damn expensive though.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Douchebag, If you disagree with my global warming viewpoint, why don't you present some evidence that humans are a factor. Oh, I'm sorry you can't since it's a big ******* lie.
I lol'd Would lol again. On topic, patent leather/suede mixes are generally what's "hot" right now, as well as different permutations of Nike Airforce 1-esque shapes. Raf Simons, Neil Barrett, Ann Demeulemeester and Lanvin are the accepted designer brands, though Ann to a lesser degree due to recent dips in quality. Really it's nothing that Yasuhiro Mihara hasn't been doing for years already. It's hard to put anything ahead of Common Projects at the moment in terms of hype, though - and it's for good reason. They're arguably the highest quality of any sneaker brand on the market, and go for half the price of most those designer sneakers. Even the people who hated them like mad on here are copping the Spring 08 ****. Matt I'm personally against the grey sneakers. They just never seem to look right for me. They just don't feel like they belong no matter how I wear them - chinos, jeans, whatever.
i like the white common projects posted on the first page. too bad they are so damn expensive though.
I just got my pair of white perforated lows and they are
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

hustlenflo22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Douchebag,

If you disagree with my global warming viewpoint, why don't you present some evidence that humans are a factor.

Oh, I'm sorry you can't since it's a big ******* lie.

crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

Oh that's tooooooo good--no, no, it's not happening, you're right, everything's dandy.

rotflmao.gif

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a pair of pure white Miharas with the patent leather in 04 I think. The problem with shoes like that is that they don't look good dirty. But it's definitely a completely different style from lanvins i think.

Who says common projects is the highest quality though? At the end of the day does quality even matter on sneakers since their soles wear quickly? I mean I never had a pair of nikes where the tongue ripped off before the sole got worn down.

Originally Posted by Brian SD
I lol'd Would lol again.

On topic, patent leather/suede mixes are generally what's "hot" right now, as well as different permutations of Nike Airforce 1-esque shapes. Raf Simons, Neil Barrett, Ann Demeulemeester and Lanvin are the accepted designer brands, though Ann to a lesser degree due to recent dips in quality. Really it's nothing that Yasuhiro Mihara hasn't been doing for years already.

It's hard to put anything ahead of Common Projects at the moment in terms of hype, though - and it's for good reason. They're arguably the highest quality of any sneaker brand on the market, and go for half the price of most those designer sneakers. Even the people who hated them like mad on here are copping the Spring 08 ****.

Matt I'm personally against the grey sneakers. They just never seem to look right for me. They just don't feel like they belong no matter how I wear them - chinos, jeans, whatever.

I just got my pair of white perforated lows and they are
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

Deluks917

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD

Even the people who hated them like mad on here are copping the Spring 08 ****.

The Spring 08 stuff is just insane. If you have 300 to blow look no further.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BracesoverBelts