• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What kind of jacket are you getting for the Fall/Winter season?

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like a lot of those Filson jackets but they're all too big
frown.gif
. I might just go for a peacoat from the army+navy store

Calden

Reaction score
I'm looking for a wool coat like the one below. Anyone have any suggestions? Also, what is a coat like this called, car coat?

hbfw07.jpg

ClassicGarnish

Reaction score
I think I'm gonna stick with my sterlingwear in navy blue this year. Unless I find something else I like that is.

Not sure what I was going for with that pose..

Jupiter Room

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ClassicGarnish
I think I'm gonna stick with my sterlingwear in navy blue this year. Unless I find something else I like that is.

Not sure what I was going for with that pose..

Nice jacket! Hope I'll find something similar.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I have all my bases covered:

Theory stone colored snap-front shirt jacket
Zara black track zip-up track jacket
PS Paul Smith brown heavy cotton hip-length button-up
Zara mid-thigh length wool topcoat
Assorted blazers

Not really sure that another jacket is worth investing in here in LA, but if I found something really cool for in between the Paul Smith jacket and my heavy coat, I'd consider it.

brimley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stripes
I'm looking for a military jacket of sorts.

I really liked and bought: http://www.bananarepublic.com/browse...658&pid=583038

The fit was good, but I couldn't move my arms properly due to the way that the arms of the jacket were sown. I'm looking for alternatives if anyone has any suggestions, cheers.

That jacket looks a lot like the Rag and Bone Combat shirt from last season. Might still be able to find it somewhere.

DeadDJ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Maybe a decent cropped peacoat from a different brand, or trench for dressier fits, and a military looking thing or drkshdw denim jacket for my more grungey fits
I just jumped on a Topman jacket. There are lots of free shipping codes floating around and if you're crafty, a 10% student discount - but I think you can only apply one or the other. They have several cropped peacoats, cropped trenches, and military style things.

I got the black wool mix with detachable hood. It's the beater I'll wear all fall and to the bars with outdoor areas. Still contemplating the winter situation.

The Topman Coat Section

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads