• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is the Worst Town in California?

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foodguy
yeah, if you're there in late summer when the plants are up, and it's hot, you can get a whiff.

Haha, "a whiff". Like manton, I didn't get the smell the last time through, but I simply thought it must not have been garlic season, whenever that may be. I suspected it was pretty country, though I've never stopped.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
To be honest, I've never smelled garlic in Gilroy, regardless of the time of year. Maybe it's more prevalent south of the city but I've never caught a whiff while passing through the 152.

The first time through Gilroy, admittedly probably in 1982, I could smell the garlic from 5 miles away (though this is probably not a surprise, since I doubt they actually grow the stuff in town).

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gilroy definitely used to smell overwhelmingly like garic. The last time I was there it did not but I did not know why. I went to this cheezy little amusement park called Gilroy Gardens. It was about ten million degrees. To this day I have no idea why we went when the Boardwalk is so much closer and so much cooler.

isn't that where the outlet malls are?

I love the fact that its 70miles from San Francisco but you can get there in 55min because is mostly super freeway going there. I drove my parents there (on a weekday) and was surprised how fast/quick the drive was.

I just drove my wife to penn sation from williamsburg and it took 45min..... a 6.5mile drive one way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads