• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do people think of Ike Behar ties?

jmatt

Reaction score
I've never owned one, but the ones I've seen look very substantial and nicely made. Pricing seems very reasonable compared to ties of similar heft.

How do they rate overall? What brands would you rank similarly?

Duveen

Reaction score
My general impression of Behar is that it is mediocre, but not terrible. A decent value for the money, but not an 'undiscovered secret' like some of the Forum faves (Belvest, Caruso, etc).

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
It's a good solid tie, but don't buy at retail. If you can find one you like at deep discount then go for it. I'm wearing an Ike Behar tie that I bought at Marshall's a couple of years ago for about $12 in my Friday 'wedding photo' in the 'What Are You Wearing Now?' thread.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife gave me an Ike Behar tie and I see quite a few at the nearby Saks Off-5th where I buy most of my ties these days. They're okay, but I much prefer some other makes like Brioni and Canali, especially Canali, my favorite ties of all!

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would put it at mid-tier. Solid, does the job, but its qualities aren't great.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're not sold where I live, but I've picked up a couple on eBay that I think are nice.

The construction isn't artisanal quality or anything, but they can produce some interesting colors and patterns, just like the 'craftsmen' labels can produce some spectacularly ugly ties at times.

Come to think of it, I've seen both Ike Behar and Kiton ties in the same pattern, just in different colors.

spinlps

Reaction score
Plenty of Behar ties at TJ Maxx tonight priced at $15 with a couple on clearance for $10.

SGladwell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They must have different lines. I have one Ike Behar tie that I love. It has very thick and supple silk, a beautiful woven pattern, and ties perfectly. I bought it at an end-of-season clearance from NM. However, most of the stuff I've seen with that label (including a lot of the stuff at NM Last Call) is pretty lacking.

Pink22m

Reaction score
I am quite satisfied with my Ike Behar tie, which seems to be fairly well made. I find their patterns and colors to be quite interesting, and I would almost put them on the same level as Robert Talbott Best of Class ties, which are $25 more. They also tie pretty nice knots.

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure this is correct but i think they may make two levels of ties. The ties are made by insignia ties. I own two one i got at discount for $30 and one i paid retail for just cause i really liked it. Like their shirts they ahve a black label and a gold label tie. Both made in the U.S. and Hand Tailored but the gold label seems to be of nicer silk and a little better quality. Maybe its just me but i do like their ties and they can be found a great discounts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads