• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What colors do you like for cashmere sweaters?

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
Super! Post a pic.
Incidentally, I walked into Sid Mashburn wearing the below for the first time and just about the first thing out of Sid's mouth was 'great sweater!' There will definitely be one or two more of these on the way to me.
4245607643_344836f20e.jpg
4245607217_86c82af969.jpg
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
Fok, this thread is still happening? Impressive Foo, very nice.
To his credit, this essentially became a thread not about him but about aportnoy.
devil.gif

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gregaz
Did you mention that these have a longer sleeve? This is my biggest issue with sweaters - I take a 38-40 in suits, but take a 27" sleeve on dress shirts. Yes, monkey arms.

They do have a longer sleeve, but I just learned today that the intention is for the sleeves to be rolled back.

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ramuman
They do have a longer sleeve, but I just learned today that the intention is for the sleeves to be rolled back.

Perhaps one can get away with not rolling it then? Mind sharing what size you got and how long the sleeve is?

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gregaz
Perhaps one can get away with not rolling it then? Mind sharing what size you got and how long the sleeve is?
I have the 38 and depending on how you measure it, the sleeve is about 25-26" - but the shoulder seam doesn't look like a shirt shoulder.

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't roll the sleeve. My cashmere sweaters have longer sleeves as well, (and I think you have an RLPL cable knit, right?) and I just pull them up to show off a bit of shirt cuff. The folds/extra fabric sit at the elbow, and looks fine ... they don't fall down throughout the day either... they sit exactly where I first pull them up to.

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So here's the cashmere sweater I picked up while downtown. I dropped by NM after getting my jacket.

The tie is a nice seven fold Borrelli from the de Corato store as well. Both soft as an angels ass cheeks

IMG_1507.jpg

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rauman, that's the same one I picked up.

Wear it in good health! And thank you again all, for the advice. I wish I could get past the feel.

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, no, i just can't get my cameras auto focus to work out in the living room. But the stronger light from my vanity mirror seems to do the trick when I drape a microfiber blanket against the wall. Without it, it focuses on to large a depth of field and the details are lost since it doesn't focus well on any one specific spot.
The sweater is nice and thin, and very soft, so it works perfectly for what I need it to do.

I hate the collar on my dress shirt though. Needs to go bye-bye...

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chips
So here's the cashmere sweater I picked up while downtown. I dropped by NM after getting my jacket. The tie is a nice seven fold Borrelli from the de Corato store as well. Both soft as an angels ass cheeks
IMG_1507.jpg

Originally Posted by srivats
^ Chips, that shade of blue is awesome. Fits you really well too ... I want a sweater in that colour!
i must have that sweater too. care to share what it is?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What colors do I like for sweaters? Well...
black
tan
dark gray
light gray
light yellow
dark olive green
lovat green
red

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads