• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
I don't agree with *****'s alternatives (black suit jacket would be... untasty), but this isn't really working, either. The shirt on its own is a little noisy, but could possibly work with some things. The sweater, though, really does not work with it, and it doesn't fit well, either.

Apologises for a bad reccomendation. I think like a girl, nothing is taboo if you can pull it off.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since everyone is talking about the purple gingham shirt...

I think that it would look better with something in a more saturated color, solid, but with some texture to set off the pattern. A darker, more saturated green would work. Purple and green can actually go together. The problem here is that the green is very washed out, and the white in the shirt, combined with your skin tone, makes you look just a little jaundiced.

I would go with a chestnut moleskin jacket, for the season, or wear it with a dark blue, flannel worsted suit. The blue would actually look quite warm because flannel worsteds tend to absorb light, and especially soft light, very well.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rye GB said:
Rokara Cardi- I like the cardigan. I usually like my cardigans to button higher, but the lower v really works here, especially with the vertical line and worn unbuttoned. Are those buttons along the side seam?

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I need a darker, better fitting sweater or, alternately, a tan. Check.

Rye, what's the function of the buttons on the waist of the cardigan?

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Rye, what's the function of the buttons on the waist of the cardigan?

The buttons are for aesthetics. I wanted to build a cardi with some masculinity, not so soft. The closure seperates the rib in the back from the front. The closure functions if needed, to offer some allowance in the waistband for those who like there look a little loose and disheveled.

dk7m

Reaction score
01-18-07.jpg

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by *****
Apologises for a bad reccomendation. I think like a girl, nothing is taboo if you can pull it off.
This isn't about taboos. Some things just don't work. dk7m: nifty jacket.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This isn't about taboos. Some things just don't work.

*****, it's kinda like when you're out with your friends at the mall and you see some girl wearing something ridiculous and whisper to your friend and say "wtf is she wearing" We're doing the same thing but not whispering.

fatty

Reaction score
oh yeh, now it all makes sense. just say it one more time, slower.

dk7m

Reaction score
dk7m: nifty jacket.

Thanks, I was digging through my dad's old closet and found this jacket, which he told me is older than me. It fits really well and the leather's nicely worn in and has a great fit but the inside lining is falling apart.

yerfdog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
The buttons are for aesthetics. I wanted to build a cardi with some masculinity, not so soft. The closure seperates the rib in the back from the front. The closure functions if needed, to offer some allowance in the waistband for those who like there look a little loose and disheveled.
thumbs up on the idea. i've always been skeptical ever since cardigans became popular for men recently - they just seem inherently floppy/soft and if found on men better suited to a man over the age of 75.

but i do like the execution of that one

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
*****, it's kinda like when you're out with your friends at the mall and you see some girl wearing something ridiculous and whisper to your friend and say "wtf is she wearing" We're doing the same thing but not whispering.
I like how you make an assumption about her personality just because she's a young woman. You don't know many, do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads