• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As much as I LOVE the way the Dior's look, they are 1) out of my price range and 2)will be way too tight, and I don't necessarily like the baggy look either.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
waywt1129qz5.jpg

vintage grandslam
ande whall grifters
stan smith safety

x666x

Reaction score
x666xoz5.jpg

my no.1 t-shirt rightnow!
aalb6.jpg

xim0.jpg

soundtrack of my day:

bmhr1sc1sm0.jpg

NEW ERA cap
LOUSY LIVING COMPANY t-shirt
AA cardigan
DIOR jeans
AF1s

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score

I have crazy "bedhead" today..whoah, only noticed now whilst posting!

ICR Deth Killers Shirt
Beams Hoody
Woven Scarf with fringe
Studded Black leather Belt
Rokara "Speed" Fit Jeans
Vans Perforated leather Slip-Ons

and a head full of stress.....3 1/2 weeks untill collection deadline.

xcoldricex

Reaction score
rye, liking your outfits lately.

what happened to icr dethkillers? i thought they went under/stopped making clothes.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xcoldricex
rye, liking your outfits lately.

what happened to icr dethkillers? i thought they went under/stopped making clothes.

ICR is no more, I believe it was a husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend operation and they split so the company folded to. Heard this through the grapevine so don't hold me to it. There denim sucked ass but everything else was topnotch!.

This jackets probably three years old, still love it!.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
ICR is no more, I believe it was a husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend operation and they split so the company folded to. Heard this through the grapevine so don't hold me to it. There denim sucked ass but everything else was topnotch!.

This jackets probably three years old, still love it!.

Yeah - boyfriend, girlfriend, AFAIK. They split up, and apparently tried to work it out purely as business partners, but well, we know how these things work. I really hated their gimmick, and that biased me against the line from the onset. I never really got past that. I have to concede that their clothes were well designed and produced. But... well, I never liked their graphics since they always centered on the one gimmick. And yes, their denim sucked ass. And was severely overpriced.

Rye, what do you think of the newish Spurr line? I just got a pair of their classic cuts. Very well constructed, sort of plays on the "heritage theme", but the cut is definitely modern (unless they had 10" rises in the 1930's, and I have never seen that in person nor in the old Sears catalogues.) Lots of unnessary gimmicks (selvedge fly? Really?) But the construction is definitely solid, and the denim is amazingly saturated. They bleed like crazy though...

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Spurr Jeans.

I've only seen the "raw classic fit".

From a professional standpoint it's a well made product but not distinctive enough considering it's competition, especially at $325, I don't think it's a realistic price point considering the financial climate this country is in and the bleak financial outlook for high price retail items in general.

From a personal standpoint as a denim customer the fit looks clumsy, the back patch is a turn off and for $325 I would purchase a better made product from RPM 45, or buy two pairs of APC and have some beer money left over.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Night out an upscale sushi restaurant.
-Express navy military jacket
-Express light blue striped shirt
-Express grey t-shirt
-Express blue jeans
-military surplus navy D-ring belt
-Vans black Old Skool sneakers

I'd post a picture, but I'm full after a bowl of miso soup and two sushi rolls and don't really feel like it.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
Spurr Jeans.

I've only seen the "raw classic fit".

From a professional standpoint it's a well made product but not distinctive enough considering it's competition, especially at $325, I don't think it's a realistic price point considering the financial climate this country is in and the bleak financial outlook for high price retail items in general.

From a personal standpoint as a denim customer the fit looks clumsy, the back patch is a turn off and for $325 I would purchase a better made product from RPM 45, or buy two pairs of APC and have some beer money left over.

The product is definitely not competitive at $325. It could definitely lose some gimmicks and retail at $200-250 or so, at about the same pricepoint as 5EP and Kicking Mule Workshop, which is where I think they ought to be thinking of as their native competition. I actually sort of like the back patch. It's very Western thrift. Sort of reminds me of those no name brand patches from random jeans you might find at Lo-Fi or something. As for the fit - I was skeptical at first as well - the rather wide true straight leg paired with a low rise seemed sort of incongruous. But after a nice hot soak, and some judicious stretching and shrinking (stretching while damp and blowdrying hot, repsectively), I made them fit pretty well. I do think that they need to change up their pattern if they are going to do well. Either a slightly higher rise (even a 1/2" would do) and slightly wider thighs, or keep the lower rise and tighter thighs and taper the jeans down to the knee, and peg leg them from there. Either would make the jeans significantly better.

As for APC, I was actually taking a look at the Rescue, and decided that it could probably use a redesign as well. My impression from both these jeans (Spurr and the APC Rescue) suffer from being too straight a leg...

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Shut up about the rescue, my bleached ones are real ill.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JET
Shut up about the rescue, my bleached ones are real ill.

You misunderstand me man. I don't think that there is anything wrong with the Rescue. I'm just saying that it could be better designed. Definitely, I think that they generally look more balanced than do the New Standards on a bigger guy - and for the money, it's definitely one of the best jeans out there. However, pretty much every design can be improved upon, imho. I personally think that the Anglaise, which the Rescue replaced, which had a little more of an antifit shape in the top block, and were just so very slightly tapered (they looked not unlike the old Diesel Kratt) was just a better designed jean. Now, whether it would look better than the Rescue on a specific person is something else altogether...

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I don't care Fok, I'm not offended don't worry haha. It doesn't matter if you have no taste really, I mean come on
crackup[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads