• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My office is pretty empty this morning so I was blasting this:

One of the few coworkers in here today was walking past and immediately poked his head in to chat and come to find out that he's got a degree in music composition and played trumpet in jazz bands in HS and college and a couple of his high school jazz band mates went on to become successful touring and studio musicians and one of them toured with the Doobie Brothers in the late '70s and early '80s and sure enough was one of the drummers on that Grammy performance!

I always thought this coworker was sort of lame but we started talking about music and it comes out we were at a few of the same Bonnaroos together and I mention really enjoying seeing Phish there a while back, conversation moves to Clapton, and I'm reminded of the Tedeschi Trucks Band putting out a remake of Layla in 2019 with Trey Anastasio of Phish so I pull this one up and my coworker laughs because he's going to the Tedeschi Trucks Band/Ziggy Marley concert tomorrow:

After all that, now my coworker and I are going to look for some tickets to The Eagles farewell show in Detroit (with Steely Dan) this fall.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A cautionary tale.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More James Murphy please!

LCD Soundsystem is one of my favorite things to listen to while running so I'm always interested in new stuff by or with Murphy.

FWIW, I always liked the 45:33 record and the lore that Murphy put that together based on mixes of his own stuff that he'd listen to when he took up running to lose some weight. I have a 10k loop I do from my house at least once a week and will often listen to that when running it to see if I can finish the route before it ends.

I just now looked for some info on it on Wikipedia to see what year it originally came out and it says on there that Murphy has said in more recent interviews that he made up all the stuff about running to help with the Marketing from when it was originally released with Nike+. 😅

Oh well... the marketing worked on me and I'll still keep listening to it while I run.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'll share this with the group for 2 reasons

1- santana as bandleader , incredible
2- solo at 7:25 is dope

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily