• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eggnog.... loaded w/ Appleton Estate Jamaican Rum... sprinkle of nutmeg!

boo

Reaction score
imagenpk.jpg

Just got a bottle of Woodford Reserve Maple Wood Finish. I'll have to say, I don't like it that much better than the regular Woodford Reserve. Wasn't as sweet as I was hoping.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gin and ginger ale (Hendrick's and Seagram's)

Reminds me of a few years back, I used to drink gin and ginger all the time!

Also had a few nice beers from the local brewpub before I switched over to the hard stuff, a winter ale, a stout, and an IPA (at the Brew Works in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.)

Also, funny being in a smalltown brewpub wearing yohji yamamoto :p

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
Just had a really nice Woodford Manhattan. Never made a successful one at home before, and this was definitely getting there! Added a couple extra cherries, mostly just because I could.

Just made reservations for NYE, looking like I'll be somewhere with the best stocked bar in town and Cristal by the glass. VERY excited.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^
frown.gif
not sure where I'll be tomorrow night, but it won't be any place with Cristal by the glass, that'd be $150/glass here, so nobody does it. Depending on how reservations work out, might get to toast with some Bollinger, drink on something else. Drinkin a Pilsner Urquell again.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
discovered an Austrian apple brandy (as far as I can tell, I mean I know its Austrian and apple) with a vintage of 1995? Its good.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A bomber of Fat Tire...cheap and drinkable
blush.gif

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Light up the fire pit and pour some Talisker 10 with my good friend. inb4 lol@car hood in the background...
IMG_0318.jpg
IMG_0317.jpg

Dave84

Reaction score
Hello, first post here. I just made a Manhattan, It's the first time I have had one. I've wanted to try one for a while, so I just went for it. I used Jim Beam rye whiskey, sweet vermouth, and Angostura bitters. Finding rye whiskey is quite hard the only one the store had was Jim Beam but it doesn't have a great selection. I wanted to use a rye whiskey because it's the way the drink traditionally was made. Before trying the whole drink I just tried the rye whiskey alone. I didn't really know what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised I enjoyed the rye whiskey alone. Overall a very nice drink, but the other ingredients and ice seem to dull the spiciness of the rye whiskey. I will have to try this drink again and with another rye whiskey and possibly a bourbon too.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A bomber of Goose Island 2010 Matilda...love this stuff!

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
Another Woodford manhattan. This was better than the last, even though my shaker lost its lid right at the end (I was straining it into the glass when all of the ice, detritus, and such ended up in my glass). Trying not to drink too much tonight in preparation for tomorrow!

jumpinjeffd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
That sounds good, or at the very least significantly better than last night's drink!
laugh.gif

How many you having?

Very nice! If I were not drinking wine I would try it tonight!!! But true to the thread I am currently drinking a nice Portuguese wine a 2000 Quinta Da Maneula 2000. Aweomse wine with a very French Burgandy taste but 1/3 the cost. Had some champagne earlier today (Ruinart Blanc de blanc).....I love Christmas and the holidays!!!!

Cheers to all~~~
smile.gif

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Negroni.
Originally Posted by Warren G.
Light up the fire pit and pour some Talisker 10 with my good friend. inb4 lol@car hood in the background...
IMG_0317.jpg

Nice shoes.
Originally Posted by Dave84
Hello, first post here. I just made a Manhattan, It's the first time I have had one. I've wanted to try one for a while, so I just went for it. I used Jim Beam rye whiskey, sweet vermouth, and Angostura bitters. Finding rye whiskey is quite hard the only one the store had was Jim Beam but it doesn't have a great selection. I wanted to use a rye whiskey because it's the way the drink traditionally was made. Before trying the whole drink I just tried the rye whiskey alone. I didn't really know what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised I enjoyed the rye whiskey alone. Overall a very nice drink, but the other ingredients and ice seem to dull the spiciness of the rye whiskey. I will have to try this drink again and with another rye whiskey and possibly a bourbon too.
It's one of the best drinks in the world, and rye is one of my favorite spirits. Wild Turkey Rye, Rittenhouse Bottled-in-Bond, and Sazerac 6yo are good ryes that are the most commonly available. Woodford, I find, is a decent bourbon that makes a very nice Manhattan, also. Enjoy!
Originally Posted by oDD_LotS
Another Woodford manhattan. This was better than the last, even though my shaker lost its lid right at the end (I was straining it into the glass when all of the ice, detritus, and such ended up in my glass). Trying not to drink too much tonight in preparation for tomorrow!
Always a fan. ~H

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads