• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wearing cufflinks with the Sleeves rolled up

stuarts8

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
Yeah!!! I got a message today from the host of the party.

She found my link.

Everything is coming up Milhouse

K

You Will be relieved about that, K. Next time make sure the T-Bar is closed properly when rolling . That way, the link shouldnt fall out then or the other alternative is to roll above the elbow and that way they definitely won`t fall out.
Stuarts8

fashionsnob

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stuarts8
What has happened here, gdl203 is that the T-Bar has not been tight enough or you didnt close it properly when rolling up the sleeves. Equally the links can also fall out of a pocket so I still think it is safer to leave them in the sleeves.Rather than Just folding the cuffs back , you could roll them above the elbow and then they will not fall out.
As i say, I have not had this problem.

Cheers
Stuart

Yes, cufflinks can fall out quite easily if there is no tension on the French cuffs. Your cuffs are sprad and this created tension on the cufflink. It can't fall out. If you only put the cufflink through one side of teh dress shirt's cuffs, then they will fall out.

To answer your question: Take them out when rolling up your sleves! Not only will this prevent the cufflinks from getting lost, but it is also more appropriate from a dress code/style point of view.

I actually recently wrote an article on matching cufflinks here:
http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Mat...nks&id=1615698

stuarts8

Reaction score
Hello. I leave them in for convenience. Have never had one fall out. They sit quite snugly in the cuffs when the sleeves are rolled up. So I have no trouble with them falling out.
Cheers
Stuarts8

Originally Posted by fashionsnob
Yes, cufflinks can fall out quite easily if there is no tension on the French cuffs. Your cuffs are sprad and this created tension on the cufflink. It can't fall out. If you only put the cufflink through one side of teh dress shirt's cuffs, then they will fall out.

To answer your question: Take them out when rolling up your sleves! Not only will this prevent the cufflinks from getting lost, but it is also more appropriate from a dress code/style point of view.

I actually recently wrote an article on matching cufflinks here:
http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Mat...nks&id=1615698

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aleksandr
People lose cufflinks leaving them in the sleeves, people lose cufflinks left in their pockets. Do I see a pattern here?

Yup
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics