• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even more important in Idaho, Wearing camo here is hardly ever ironic, and it's basically a no win thing.
Different vibe here. In the US service is optional and voluntary. Over here it's 2 years everyone has to do. Not everyone enjoys trench foot in the thai jungle whilst their mates across the border are partying in US fraternities. Still, camo has its place in a good outdoors outfit.

I like both digital and analog G-shocks - each has their place and we had examples of both in this thread. The beauty of style is the broad array of possibilities. Love a good green-on-black digital dial a la early 90s sci fi for Blade Runner tech wear. Trying to make sense of the G-lide ahead of grabbing one for the beach. Tide is the one thing I reliably forget to check before driving 20-40min... Not sure the thing is particularly accurate vs a Garmin or mobile phone. GBX100:

1648727543320.png

Shame Garmin dropped the green from the Instinct 2 Solar line-up. I bought it because it was the cheapest option for the original Instinct, and grew very fond of it. It went with nothing which made it a great "gorpcore" choice as @dieworkwear calls it.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely not a Patek expert or anything (I just got into watches like, a year ago) but I can kind of see why they went with block numerals on some of their latest releases. I personally think they're too much like field watches (e.g., Hamilton Khaki) but I can see how they would be appealing to a younger audience and design-wise it would probably work with streetwear. I wouldn't spend $40k to do that but there are definitely folks out there who will and can pull it off better than I could.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ive been wearing a Stowa Partitio every day for several years. Its pretty perfect to me (could be slightly larger perhaps), I love the general design as well as the light historical Bauhaus-y references. Stowa has produced something similar for a very long time which appeals to me. At the same time, its not extreme or "repro" in any way and hence easy to wear with everything.
stowa-partitio-10.jpg

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are already two watch threads, one for people who care about things other than style, and one artificially budget limited. Both live on the other side.

As per public discussion with @LA Guy in the thread most of you don't read, it might be fun to discuss instead how to wear watches without such limitations. I'll post a few examples for inspo, but am curious what you wear on the wrist and how you think about it.

and just for Fok

This pic Foks.

1772962-180036b2e4162922adddc0549350a48d.png

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ive been wearing a Stowa Partitio every day for several years. Its pretty perfect to me (could be slightly larger perhaps), I love the general design as well as the light historical Bauhaus-y references. Stowa has produced something similar for a very long time which appeals to me. At the same time, its not extreme or "repro" in any way and hence easy to wear with everything.
stowa-partitio-10.jpg
Fit pics? Do you think of this as harmonising with anything you wear or is it a standalone thing that goes with all?

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Im not sure I get that distinction. Its a beautiful, although rather subtle, piece, which requires no "matching".

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess this is hype related: I've noticed at least 7 posts on r/Watches in the past couple of days from folks going for a Speedmaster Pro or some other Omega Speedmaster iteration because they were inspired by the Moonswatch. Most of them didn't want to spend hours in line and I guess they went and got the "real" thing.

This isn't real data by any means. Have folks (more precisely, folks new to Omega) been this excited about the Speedmaster Pro before?

Edit: Also, recent acquisition. I didn't appreciate the BB 58 before I wore my brother's. His was the classic black dial, but I like how it wore. I got the blue dial after seeing it in the store. Now it's my everyday watch because I'm scared to wear my Explorer given all the Rolex weirdness.

Now I do personally think Tudor is milking the Black Bay a bit too much but that doesn't prevent me from enjoying this watch.

20220403_154607.jpg

Last edited:

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20220404_170230.jpg

New 41mm Breitling Navitimer! New as in just released, I was lucky enough to see it in person. This particular watch will probably be gone in a week or two. The green might look similar to the pistachio they used for the Premier but this one is a bit more blue. Movement has 70 hours of power reserve.

I don't have a green dial watch yet and I love chronographs, so maybe a watch like this will be in my future soon...?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess this is hype related: I've noticed at least 7 posts on r/Watches in the past couple of days from folks going for a Speedmaster Pro or some other Omega Speedmaster iteration because they were inspired by the Moonswatch. Most of them didn't want to spend hours in line and I guess they went and got the "real" thing.

This isn't real data by any means. Have folks (more precisely, folks new to Omega) been this excited about the Speedmaster Pro before?

Edit: Also, recent acquisition. I didn't appreciate the BB 58 before I wore my brother's. His was the classic black dial, but I like how it wore. I got the blue dial after seeing it in the store. Now it's my everyday watch because I'm scared to wear my Explorer given all the Rolex weirdness.

Now I do personally think Tudor is milking the Black Bay a bit too much but that doesn't prevent me from enjoying this watch.

View attachment 1775349
I like some Tudors, but have never loved the rectangular and of the hours hand. That it has no point somehow triggers something in me. But sure why.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like some Tudors, but have never loved the rectangular and of the hours hand. That it has no point somehow triggers something in me. But sure why.
Same. I could maybe like a Tudor, but the snowflake hands make them a hard pass.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So you don't like the IWC Mk XV? It too has an hour hand with no point (but is the easiest watch to quickly read the exact time on, that I've tried).

I agree that the snowflake hand looks bad.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now that you've mentioned it I started noticing it too! It does look kind of odd. But I think I can live with it.

I wasn't super-thrilled with the new Tudor releases at Watch & Wonders. Maybe the BB pro, but I'm not exactly super hot for a GMT at the moment.

Edit: I think the reason why I'm not bothered by the snowflake hour hand as much is because my Explorer has a similar design feature on its hour hand. So I guess I'm used to it visually.

Last edited:

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

First part features the 222. At first I didn't really get it, but seeing it in this video being worn and shown I am now really digging it.

tweedlover

Reaction score
View attachment 1775921

New 41mm Breitling Navitimer! New as in just released, I was lucky enough to see it in person. This particular watch will probably be gone in a week or two. The green might look similar to the pistachio they used for the Premier but this one is a bit more blue. Movement has 70 hours of power reserve.

I don't have a green dial watch yet and I love chronographs, so maybe a watch like this will be in my future soon...?
The dial of that watch is just too busy with all kinds of stuff for me. Actually makes it somewhat hard to see the time of day. ;)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads