• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone try on the Bickle Vest? Keen to know the fit of the non shearling version and possibly if I need a 4 or a 5. I'm a 4 in Amplus/Jumbo and 3 in Lumber's and would likely layer it with a hoodie/sweat.
I’m a 4 amplus, 5 jumbo, and 3 lumber. I tried the bickle vest on in a 4 over a tshirt and thought that was my size. Over sweats though, I’d probably have wanted a 5.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m a 4 amplus, 5 jumbo, and 3 lumber. I tried the bickle vest on in a 4 over a tshirt and thought that was my size. Over sweats though, I’d probably have wanted a 5.
I thought the 5 too. Is it relatively tight on the chest in that case?

maxfax

Reaction score
Cool combo I thought:
Knit Beanie (Yak Wool)
Copleston Field Parka 3L Dmgd
Rawly Vest

View attachment 2164429

Seems kinda similar to stuff like the ICT mud dyed boots. Technically a shoe that has been soaked in mud and has mold and holes has compromised quality, but it's a cool visual result. I do agree that using the ballsack leather on almost everything is getting a bit much and it would be nice to see something new.

What size did you go in the copleston 3L? I normally take a 3 or 4 in Vis outerwear and went with the 3 for the copleston but it seems like it runs much larger? Even a 2 would have fit me but Im trying to convince myself the 3 is how it was intended to fit...

Blancpain

Reaction score
What size did you go in the copleston 3L? I normally take a 3 or 4 in Vis outerwear and went with the 3 for the copleston but it seems like it runs much larger? Even a 2 would have fit me but Im trying to convince myself the 3 is how it was intended to fit...

I agree it runs huge. I am 180cm / 5'11" 160lbs and went with a 2 after trying on both the 2 and 3. I generally wear 3 in visvim tops.

Chest/shoulder wise it's so big it doesn't matter. But for me the 3 sleeves and overall length were slightly too long. It ended below my knees with the 3 and I wanted mid-low thigh as seen in the lookbook images. I wouldn't worry if you're 3-4 though. I could have easily rocked the 3 and the intent is to be massive IMO.

I did end up paying full price and then got hit with import duties which sucked. It sold out fast in the Japan store. Extortionate pricing for a shell... but it is exactly what I was looking for ever since missing the six-five goretex dmgd pre order (?) years ago.

IMG_4140.jpeg

IMG_4139.jpeg

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone try on the Bickle Vest? Keen to know the fit of the non shearling version and possibly if I need a 4 or a 5. I'm a 4 in Amplus/Jumbo and 3 in Lumber's and would likely layer it with a hoodie/sweat.

Did you buy one?
A buddy has the shearling iteration, it runs small in both the shearling and non. IIRC the shoulders are drop fit so either one will likely cover your shoulders, but the body is short and slim. Given that most things are oversized now- I believe the 4 would fit more similar to an iris vest, and the 5 giving more room for layering. If you plan on wearing anything underneath I'd probably recommend a 5.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A buddy has the shearling iteration, it runs small in both the shearling and non. IIRC the shoulders are drop fit so either one will likely cover your shoulders, but the body is short and slim. Given that most things are oversized now- I believe the 4 would fit more similar to an iris vest, and the 5 giving more room for layering. If you plan on wearing anything underneath I'd probably recommend a 5.
Cheers I appreciate it. I think the 5 is the way to go. Worth it do you reckon? Was looking at the shearling but can't justify the extra for the lining only. Still keen on perhaps the olive standard one.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont like the zip stand collar, its superfluous, but its kind of cool. Too pricey for me.

Satoman1

Reaction score
I can't find any info about this, anyone know if this is real visvim. Thanks!!
1713171361850.png
437950019_3742323099347062_1185212659317202111_n.jpg

Retlas

Reaction score
No, I don’t think it is. The stitching by the 2nd eyelet is different. It’s a cross between the Blackfoot boot, the cheekag with a brigadier sole.

Perhaps they removed the fringe on the Blackfoot and resoled. Eyelet numbers match etc

Satoman1

Reaction score
No, I don’t think it is. The stitching by the 2nd eyelet is different. It’s a cross between the Blackfoot boot, the cheekag with a brigadier sole.

Perhaps they removed the fringe on the Blackfoot and resoled. Eyelet numbers match etc
I believe it’s Cheekag folk and sole swapped
I found the model on facebook, not sure the retailer is legit tho.
1713202937155.png

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
boots are legit, concept shop is legit. I've seen his brick and mortar, its a small closet sized space in kowloon. I think his name is simon, nice guy. Nick (Samplekickz)- is/was in the same space

Satoman1

Reaction score
Thank y'all. Rocking the boots today.
20240416_100238.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads