• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Retlas

Reaction score
Keep in mind they also have a reception for VIP the day before on launch day, so even if you’re first in line in the “normal” line the good stuff might already be gone.
totally.
we were aware that a lot of the VIP's had ordered / reserved stuff the day before. the guys told us it meant they could turn up when things cooled down and pick up their items.

Blancpain

Reaction score
Anyone have or had a Cowichan knit sweater? General thoughts on fit and fabric? Is it itchy? Hard-wearing or delicate? TTS?

I just discovered this N.D. one which I like a lot, or the zigzag from last season. But also it seems like they're made in Japan so not a real Canadian Cowichan tribe knit? Wouldn't mind going for the "real thing" for much cheaper too.

Attachments

• IMG_3624.jpeg
    IMG_3624.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 311

norigim

Reaction score
Anyone have or had a Cowichan knit sweater? General thoughts on fit and fabric? Is it itchy? Hard-wearing or delicate? TTS?

I just discovered this N.D. one which I like a lot, or the zigzag from last season. But also it seems like they're made in Japan so not a real Canadian Cowichan tribe knit? Wouldn't mind going for the "real thing" for much cheaper too.
I have the one from FW21 (COWICHAN GRADIENT HAND-KNIT (N.D.)). It’s pretty nice but I haven’t really worn it in a lot so can’t speak to its hardiness. A little oversized imo. AFAIK, they’re all made in JP.

jdemotion

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I have the zigzag (SB Hand-Knit F.Z.) sweater from last season. I personally like the fit but would say it fits a tad more slim than I was initially expecting. I normally take a size 2 in the more recent oversized outerwear and ended up going with a size 3 and think it fits great. Not wide (21" chest) and tapered arms. Width accommodates a vest nicely like in the lookbook.

Not itchy and pretty heavyweight. Tag says Made in Japan. All that said I wouldn't say it blows a Canadian Cowichan out of the water.

ucla bruin

Reaction score
I have the one from FW21 (COWICHAN GRADIENT HAND-KNIT (N.D.)). It’s pretty nice but I haven’t really worn it in a lot so can’t speak to its hardiness. A little oversized imo. AFAIK, they’re all made in JP.
I’m in the same boat. I love the look of my gradient but don’t wear it that much because it’s so oversized. Have you thought about having yours altered? I’d be curious if you or anybody has a recommendation for a shop that could slim down the arms/body of my sweater by hand. The couple places I asked said they would need to use a serging machine.

norigim

Reaction score
I’m in the same boat. I love the look of my gradient but don’t wear it that much because it’s so oversized. Have you thought about having yours altered? I’d be curious if you or anybody has a recommendation for a shop that could slim down the arms/body of my sweater by hand. The couple places I asked said they would need to use a serging machine.
Oh, I'm actually fine with the oversized fit. It fits like I would want a loose, thick cardigan.

maxfax

Reaction score
This G Cords Rodney jacket is one of my favorite releases in recent memory. Pile lining makes it extra nice for the FW season.
I second this opinion. Got it in Navy. What size did you go for this? I went with size 3 and I usually take 3 or 4 for Visvim depending on the cut. Thought the sleeves run pretty long on this one

maxfax

Reaction score
Also, anyone know why the ICT lumber shirt (N.D) is so freaking expensive?? I get its natural dye but retail price is insane for a simple shirt lmao. Anyone here who owns one or tried it on in person? Is it worth the price tag?

frunk

Reaction score
I second this opinion. Got it in Navy. What size did you go for this? I went with size 3 and I usually take 3 or 4 for Visvim depending on the cut. Thought the sleeves run pretty long on this one
Got a 3, and I’m usually between a 3 and 4. Love the cropped body and longer sleeve silhouette, and I find the sleeves the perfect length.

norigim

Reaction score
Also, anyone know why the ICT lumber shirt (N.D) is so freaking expensive?? I get its natural dye but retail price is insane for a simple shirt lmao. Anyone here who owns one or tried it on in person? Is it worth the price tag?
It's just a flannel with N.D. treatment. The standard flannels, the recent lumber elease, are already pushing 1k so not surprised that the N.D. ones are pushing 2k.

L0wdown

Reaction score
Are all items from ICT naturally dyed? Or would that be specifically stated unlike “Garment dyed”

norigim

Reaction score
Are all items from ICT naturally dyed? Or would that be specifically stated unlike “Garment dyed”
No. Most things that are natural dyed will have "N.D." or in the description will say something like "natural dye treatment".

pastrystar23

Reaction score
Desi cotton is rare, vintage fabric detailing; the dying is laborious and tedious and requires skill and natural indigo dye that's been maturing for generations. On top of that US website prices are about 40% more expensive than in Japan for tariff reasons. I have yet to buy anything for MSRP or walk into a Visvim store and actually buy something....unless I win the powerball.

pastrystar23

Reaction score
I believe they all have some kind of indigo dyed element, even if it's just the ghost tag.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member