• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vass Shoes?

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(Slightly regretting not purchasing them) . . . Yup. They had the wingtip boxcalf and the split toe.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think so, because I called the morning they shoes went to 60% off and asked if they could do a phone order and hold them for me (just in case others were stalking them). They said they didn't do that. I ended up not buying the shoes. I'm sure someone could do you a favor from here though -- I would, but I don't think I'll be in Boston for the July sale.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Louis, as far as I know, isn't stocking Vass anymore, and yes, at the Louis sale at Filenes, there were still a fiar number of U lasts, at $399 (at FB, there is hardly anything too good to be true.  The Barney's sale is even more intense.  My biggest regret is *not* picking up a BNWT Kiton knit for $20, down from $425.  Note that this was the initial price, not a marked down price.

I'd also pick something up for you, gratis, but will also not be in Boston for the whole of July.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LA Guy, does FB still have the U lasts?

I kinda regret I didn't take up JN3's offer to pick up a pair of U last.

What's the timing of the Barneys and Louis sales at FB? Do they have BG sales?

May be I should give $10 Chinatown bus service to Boston from a try.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The U-lasts are long gone. Right now, all they have left are some Jil Sander shoes, most of them sort of ugly, and of the Louis stuff, some assorted Pantoforo d'oro boots.

Louis is now done (first stuff came in on Feb 20.) though they still have some assorted stuff left. Lots of P.A.R.O.S.H pants and other assorted brands (I just got a pair of great Cloak pants for less than a third of the Louis price, which means about 70-75% off NYC retail prices - I've checked.)

The BG sale is usually pretty small - a few racks, hardly worth even checking out.  The Barneys sale will happen towards the beginning of April.  You should get there first day for the best stuff.  The best deals are in sportswear and furnishings.  I find the suits and formal outerwear not particularly well priced compared to the rest of the stuff (still better than the Mitchell and Mr Sid's stuff, which is still highway robbery, and pretty boring to boot.)

Will post when I get better info.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vass from Louis has popped up on Ebay over the last month. The auctions get alot of action, but some haven't gone over the pre-set reserve price. A recent U-last auction didn't get past the reserve with the final bid in the $460 range IIRC.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Louis, as far as I know, isn't stocking Vass anymore.
LA Guy,
When did this happen? If Vass isn't being carried by Louis Boston any more, then who is carrying it other than Sky Valet in DC?

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is kind of a bummer if it's true. I was thinking about heading up to Louis during the July sale to try and snag a pair of Vass (preferably the norwegian penny loafers on the U last - such a great looking shoe).

Jeff

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
try and snag a pair of Vass (preferably the norwegian penny loafers on the U last - such a great looking shoe

Dude, not to rub it in more, but I there were a fair number of pairs in various sizes at FB for $399, and I was going to flip them here for less than half price, but decided (poorly, it seems) that there wasn't going to be a demand for them.

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow. Now I've gone from bummed to depressed. On the other hand, it's my own fault. I live in CT, so Boston is only about 1 1/2 hours away. I could have always driven up to FB or to Louis during their winter sale. Of course, explaining yet another shoe purchase to my wife leads to an entirely different emotion (I think it's called "fear"
biggrin.gif
), so perhaps this is for the best. Jeff

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads