• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Using Shoulder measurements to Purchase Online?

wedgehead98

Reaction score
Looking for your incrediblely resourceful help...

I normally wear a 46R with a 7" drop. Most 46R's have shoulders measuring 20-20.5 inches (I measured nearly all of my jackets and it's pretty consistent). They don't tend to have a lot of padding...but...

Then I purchased a Polo RL 46R from whusurdadi (ublawstudent) on the forum and this jacket has 19.5" shoulders...very lightly padded. I believe it is called the Congressman model. The arms and legs are nicely slim fitting with a higher armhole. This suit fits wonderfully! I love it.
inlove.gif
Seriously fits like a glove and moves wonderfully.

It makes me wonder if I could be ordering the e56R Isaia's on STP instead of the very limited selection of e58R's they have.

Your thoughts?

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wedgehead98
It makes me wonder if I could be ordering the e56R Isaia's on STP instead of the very limited selection of e58R's they have.

Your thoughts?

Give it a try, STP has a very liberal return policy so you'll only risk the shipping costs for a try on.

Earthmover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tomasso
Give it a try, STP has a very liberal return policy so you'll only risk the shipping costs for a try on.

I ordered two Isaias from STP, one was a "Todd" model that has very little padding and has 19.5 or 19.25" shoulders. The other was the ubiquitous "Stewart" model that had the standard 20.25" shoulders in 46R. Of course, since STP doesn't tell you which model silhouette their Isaias are, you will simply have to purchase them; so yes, in the end, I'll just say +1 to Tomasso.

tsherry

Reaction score
I'm 6'1" 205# and have several Isaia suits and jackets in EU 58 R. The fit is spot on perfect in the shoulders and chest. I did pick up a Gianlucca unconstructed jacket from STP in EU 56 and it's a little tight. Interestingly, I have an old Isaia "Enrico" jacket that I ebayed when I first started lurking on SF that fits exactly like the EU 56 Gianlucca model and it's labeled a EU 54?!

wedgehead98

Reaction score
OK...so I'll admit I'm 5'11" and 220...was 260 beginning of last year, so there is some progress, albeit likely not enough yet.

Sounds like the e58's might be better for me...maybe even smarter than ordering from STP first is to find new ISAIA's somewhere local and try on both e56 and e58 in several different models.

I was just intrigued that this 19.5" shoulder on the Polo Congressman model fits so well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads