• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Useful ebay auction

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Well, I don't recognize myself in any of this.

[Re-reads thread]

Oh, wait ...

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
P.S.: J, Steve, shouldn't this be in the "Buying and Selling" forum? I mean, come on guys. Are there rules or aren't there?

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
P.S.: J, Steve, shouldn't this be in the "Buying and Selling" forum?  I mean, come on guys.  Are there rules or aren't there?
naw, that's just the custom...

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
P.S.: J, Steve, shouldn't this be in the "Buying and Selling" forum? Â I mean, come on guys. Â Are there rules or aren't there?
You tell me...
biggrin.gif
Whence deriveth the rule that a faux auction must be emplaced in the 'Buying and Selling' sectionne? And forsooth, are not rules made to be broken?

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually I had an auction up for a Kiton shirt with a direct joke toward the forum guys but since it was a real item I kept silent :)

I figured a little levity was worth an extra listing fee.

brescd01

Reaction score
You know Tdial, that is the second time you have paid me a back-handed compliment tonight. I never "had words" with Mark Goldstein. Essentially, he mocked me and generally beat the **** out of me and I hardly even answered, to the extent people were privately emailing me and asking me why I didn't respond. I think he did that to a lot of people.

And which "flare-up" would you be referring to, the one in which I said I consider cost to be part of quality and a bunch of po' boys dreaming of AK shirts beat the crap out of me, or the one in which I claimed that luxury goods are purchased as often by people who cannot afford them as by people who can, and a bunch of po' boys beat the crap out of me and called me an anti-semitic elitist and AK declared himself (or so it seemed to me), "the people's shirtmaker?" I am just curious, because I recall posting, and this provoking a big flare-up, not the other way around.

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think acole gets a hall of fame post designation for his drinking game -) It was the Americain Farmer inside joke that caused me a near bladder disaster.

Doc - I must have missed something - are you saying that someone had a run in with Mr. Grayson? You must be making that up.

(Kept a straight face typing that last paragraph)

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That thread makes me so angry. I hope no one answers my questions with line-by-line rebuttals. I'd probably end up bombing the idiot with nasty pictures.

acole

Reaction score
That thread makes me so angry.
Well, clearly this emotional overreaction says more about you than the thread. Â Why exactly do you harbor such resentment about kissing buttons?
I hope no one answers my questions with line-by-line rebuttals.
Ah. You "hope". Â You obviously live in a fantasy world where everything goes your way. Â Controlling personality, I'd say. Â With a fetish for anonymity to boot. Â I mean, "Alias"? Â Can't get much more incognito than that. Â Even your avatar is masked.
I'd probably end up bombing the idiot with nasty pictures.
You probably have loads of 'em too, ya disgusting pervert. Â Now, wasn't that fun?
cheesy.gif

Duveen

Reaction score
I have to move Ambulance Chaser's brilliance into the comedy thread, as I fear it will be lost in the Omnibus otherwise...

After 39 pages, I finally realized what's going on here . . . replace "clothing" with "religion" and "The Rules" with "God," and you have a debate between a believer (Manton) and an agnostic (Dr. Bresch). Oh well, another topic to add to the list of Topics You Don't Want To Bring Up At A Styleforum Dinner Party:

Politics
Religion
Watches
Neiman-Marcus's Credit Card Policy
Whether Brown Is Stylish Or For Farmer
The Rules

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads