• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Usain Bolt!!!

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Usain Bolt became the fastest man on the planet last weekend on American soil and there is every chance he could beat his own record in Beijing. Looking at his junior career and his physique I would say there is a very strong chance he is running clean. At only 21 years of age he has to be one of the most exciting things to hit athletics for some time.
I am surprised I have not read any posts on here about him,is it because nobody is interested in athletics?Or because he is not American?
devil.gif

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He has a preposterous name for a sprinter.

somecallmebj

Reaction score
I heard some things about him. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was mentioned that the 100m was not in his interest. Yet, he just obliterated it.

And damn, talk about a fitting name.

oneblood

Reaction score
Give that man a bobsled.

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He has a badass name. My favorite has always been "Thor Magnum"

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Crazy thing is he broke the record about a quarter mile from where I live, but I didn't even know it was going on until after the fact.

thetieguy

Reaction score
It is sad now that every record in track and field and cycling is looked upon as being tainted by drugs. It was an amazing time and I hope it is a legitimate time. I ran track for several years and used to follow it closely. I still watch it when it is on tv. I saw yesterday that Michael Johnson is giveing back a medal from the 2000 summer games because a team mate admitted to doping. Sports like track are in a hard spot now. Every time is questioned. Ben Johnson, Floyd Landis, Marion Jones and Barry Bonds have caused a ton of damage for great sports.

life_interrupts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There was nearly no mention of this in the American press. This kid obliterates the 100 m record and nary a "whoop!" Sad for sports.

I'm looking forward to the Olympics, all the same.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by life_interrupts
There was nearly no mention of this in the American press. This kid obliterates the 100 m record and nary a "whoop!"

I have to disagree with you. It was all over the local news and in the papers in New York. Also, it is a full two-page photo in the new SI.

life_interrupts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Then I stand corrected. Didn't see anything in the WP, saw a quick mention in USA Today, didn't really see anything on SI.com or ESPN, or hear much on sports radio until today. I've not been as focused on sports lately, but haven't been under a rock, either.

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Celebrating with 20 metres to go and smashing the world record.
Absolutely phenomenal.
Roll on the 200 metres and watch out Michael Johnson your record could be going.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If only he ran his fastest all the way through so we could really see how fat he can clock in.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads