• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UO x Yoko D

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh man. Regular cut and 1st world construction are pretty awesome. I'm also admittedly kind of glad that it's not in smaller stores because I hate it when lots of kids at my high school wear the same stuff, especially when it's something I like. Sorry if that makes me a hipster douchebag.

Anyway, what exactly is it that makes this line different from the regular Yoko Deveraux collections? Is there more of a focus on non t-shirt pieces, or is the aesthetic itself tweaked somehow? I'm excited for this shiznit.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
FWIW, Yoko Deveraux is not a real person.

Here is where the name came from:

I was talking about the label/screen name. Wasn't sure which gender was behind it.

raginberriodoom

Reaction score
I was at the Urban Outfitters on Broadway today in NYC, and I saw a few pieces of the collab. The material of the tank felt very soft and smooth, the same as one of the Yoko D pieces I previously owned. It was around 30 dollars (I think).

Also, I saw the jacket, and it looked pretty nice too. I didn't get to try it on or anything, but I believe I saw the pricetag to be around 130 dollars.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
UO is not bad if you are discerning. The collabs are actually pretty good. Even though I'm going to be living in the city this summer and should have ample DECENT shopping opportunities (Toronto, so Holts, TNT, Nomad, etc.) in Kingston there is:

American Apparel
Urban Outfitters
Gap

Yep. Those UO collabs are a life saver. Their average **** is still ****, but the collabs are decent.

yokodevereaux

Reaction score
hey, guys-

here's an update to some of your questions...

the 'Yoko D' collection is the same quality as Yoko Devereaux. however, the styles are a bit more basic due to the price point - that's truly the only difference.

some collaborations with UO are simply licensing arrangements, where UO pays a designer a certain amount of money to use the brand name. BUT the 'yoko d' items were alllll designed and produced by me / yoko devereaux. we managed the whole process ourselves just to make sure that everything was up to snuff with us
smile.gif

and two NY stores have the collaboration in stores now (broadway and the 14th and 6th location). it rolls out to all the other locations next friday (4/31)...

the jacket is $130? that's probably correct, which (i think) is still a pretty good deal - check it out when it drops. it's pretty cool
smile.gif

thanks!!!

xx
andy

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there an online preview available?

yokodevereaux

Reaction score
for those of you that are in NYC, we are having the launch party for 'yoko d' this thursday 4/30 at the tribeca grand hotel... here's all the info - please join us! http://hommeboy.net/?post/2009/04/24...x-Launch-Party Launch party for Yoko D **a capsule collection created exclusively for urban outfitters and urbanoutfitters.com Thursday 4/30 9P - 2A Tribeca Grand Hotel * svedka open bar from 9pm - 10pm DJS David Katz and David Lindwall (stunners international) vs. Phil Meynell (blonde acid cult) RSVP REQUIRED [email protected]

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads