• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Uniqlo (Tokyo)

icanfly012

Reaction score
Today, I visited the new Uniqlo in Tokyo.

1. People say it is massive but it is pretty small, especially if you are used to stores in the West Coast.

2. Quality: Quality seems to be slightly better than H&M, which really isn't saying much. Everything runs way to baggy for my tastes.

3. Designer Invitation Project: I think this is a decent section. I picked up a yellow oxford from this collection and it is probably one of the best fitting oxfords I have. I feel fat though since I am a size medium and this shirt is closer to a BoO Small.

Does anyone know if there are better Uniqlo stores to visit in Japan?

hnlax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by icanfly012
Today, I visited the new Uniqlo in Tokyo.

1. People say it is massive but it is pretty small, especially if you are used to stores in the West Coast.

2. Quality: Quality seems to be slightly better than H&M, which really isn't saying much. Everything runs way to baggy for my tastes.

3. Designer Invitation Project: I think this is a decent section. I picked up a yellow oxford from this collection and it is probably one of the best fitting oxfords I have. I feel fat though since I am a size medium and this shirt is closer to a BoO Small.

Does anyone know if there are better Uniqlo stores to visit in Japan?

it seems that you went to the design invitation store in harajuku--the one with mostly tshirts in those capsules. i've been to tokyo five times, and i don't really remember any uniqlo being any better than others. that design invitation project one seems to be the biggest, but i feel like their offerings are mostly tshirts.

the uniqlos that i found i like best are the ones in shibuya (the one away from shibuya station, close to soccer shop kamo) and the one in asakusa (it's a bit away from asakusa kanon, closer to that indoor soccer park in one of those little multi level shopping malls).

my uncle and aunty were in tokyo last month and found some stuff for me at the uniqlo in shinjuku.

i mean, they're really everywhere, but those are the two that i visit every time i'm back there.

wiru

Reaction score
You went to the one in Shinjuku? There is also the flagship store in Ginza, though I don't know how different their selection will be from the "mega store." But in the past they've had exclusives. E.g. it was the only place in Tokyo selling the vintage chinos last year.

There is a good amount of stuff that is slimmer fit. Look for "just fit" or "style up." And all the knitted items are pretty slim, outerwear as well (unless you have a 34" chest or something).

I think you really underestimate the quality of the clothing.

Also check the wimminz clothes I hear they are popular with men now...

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Second the suggestion of the Ginza Store. BUT not all Uniqlo are created equal. The one closest to my station (inside Mizonokuchi OIOI) is tiny compared to the one by Parco in Shibuya.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ITT: people realize uniqlo is gap with asian people sizes.

icanfly012

Reaction score
I am about 5'7 and the body length in most of the smalls are way too short. The Uniqlo I visited (next to Shinjuku Station) just opened on 4/24.

I will be checking out the other stores in the next few weeks or so.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mazda
ITT: people realize uniqlo is gap with asian people sizes.

Yeah, but think more short & boxy azn sizing than lanky azn model sizing.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, its pretty bland and ****. The last thing I bought there was a Knit Tie. Before that it had been about a year before I had bought anything that I planned on wearing more than once.

I like Comme Ca better for my throw away clothes.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
double post

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by icanfly012
I am about 5'7 and the body length in most of the smalls are way too short. The Uniqlo I visited (next to Shinjuku Station) just opened on 4/24.

I will be checking out the other stores in the next few weeks or so.

the new shinjuku and and ginza will be the stores that get all the lines, they're guaranteed to both carry selvedge there and the designer projects of course unless they're sold out

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads