• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TWO (2) SUPERSTAR LOOKS – GUARANTEED THUMBS, GUARANTEED SWAG

Status
Not open for further replies.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
“You’ll love the way you look – I guarantee it”

-Kenneth Cole

NOTE: In observance of B&S Rules, neither of these will be parted out. They are being sold as singular items (henceforth referred to as “outfits”) and your purchase options include one or both. Quoted costs are PER outfit.

Up for grabs, exclusively on styleforum.net are 2 CURATED LOOKS from my own personal wardrobe. This is a truly unprecedented chance of a lifetime to instantly transform your style to something tried and true and freaking cool. These looks have been perfected in house by experienced* stylist** tween_spirit / conceptual 4est and are guaranteed*** to turn heads and generate thumbs both on the forums and in real life.

First up is a stellar outfit highlighting unique layering and use of earthy color. In fact, celebrate Earth Day with your contribution to protecting the 4est, and take a piece of it home for yourself!

Stay soft while getting crunchy in the outermost piece – a down-filled vest from The GAP in a rich burgundy. This beautifully complements the #rare Opening Ceremony trucker jacket in an exclusive cork print. It’s the same fabric they use for their changing room curtains so you know it’s gotta be good. Think of all the girls that have undressed around this jacket, er… fabric. That could be you.
Keeping with the high-low concept is a reliable denim shirt from Uniqlo. Two front pockets and a rich indigo color to transition top to bottom.

Speaking of bottoms, assert status as the pitcher with these butt eye-grabbing corduroys from Junya Wanatanabe. They’re a fine wale fabric in a very unique greenish brown color last seen being dredged up from the bottom of the Hudson. These things are just oozing NEW YORK CITY CHIC, while the contrast nylon pockets will protect your belongings from said ooze.

Stay anchored on the ground with these White Mountaineering monstrosities on your feet. Are you sick of Christy-soled moc-toed boots on every workwear wannabe around town? Well show them how it’s done with this bizarro world version of what they most likely think is still trendy. PROBABLY THE ONLY PAIR IN NORTH AMERICA.

If you’re interested in actually wearing this stuff (not recommended) instead of purely archival reasons (highly recommended) then I am 5’9”, Size 36 chest, 30 waist, JP 27 boots for reference if you want it to fit you like it does me. Corduroys would better fit a 33-34 waist and should be worn with a belt for anyone smaller.

Up next is another outfit perfect for spring transition weather, again showcasing the innovative layering ideas of conceptual 4est. The theme is once again THE 4EST and we connect to earth in an all-American way – the humor being that none of the pieces are American! HA!

The upper body pairs a lovely faded camo jacket from France’s APC with a sporty baseball jacket from the same make, bringing together two of Americas favorite pastimes! This is no coincidence! A white Supreme x Hanes white tee channels every influential American from James Dean and James Deen . Just think for a moment about the significance of the white Hanes crewneck.

Now that you’re done reflecting, is there is nothing more American than a white Hanes crewneck? Of course, some faded Levi’s to wear with it. And boy do I have a treat for you!

Enveloping my unworthy-legs are the mystical Junya Watanabe x Levi’s screen printed junts. If you aren’t familiar with these and their universal majesty, I don’t want you reading this thread. Please.

Wood. The towering trees of the temperate forests the camouflage hides us in. The carefully selected ash used in your favorite players baseball bat. The kind that the aforementioned James Deen puts to use. Wood has been essential to the American life since mankind first settled here, but all of that is just a footnote to its final glory – as the inspiration to the texture of the finest pair of designer sneakers ever created. I can’t promise that citizens won’t travel from far and wide to bask in the beauty of these Balenciaga trainers. But I can promise you will finally understand what billions of years of collective life have been struggling to evolve towards.

Attachments

• 31066812_APCx2Junya007.jpeg
    31066812_APCx2Junya007.jpeg
    280.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 9bc91054_corkjunya050.jpeg
    9bc91054_corkjunya050.jpeg
    269.7 KB · Views: 56
  • ad505c00_corkjunya030.jpeg
    ad505c00_corkjunya030.jpeg
    277.2 KB · Views: 63

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't understand. Have you been tween_spirit this whole time?

soporific88

Reaction score
YOU’LL LOVE THE WAY YOU LOOK – I GUARANTEE IT”

I thought that was from the old guy in the Men's wear house commercials.

soporific88

Reaction score
YOU’LL LOVE THE WAY YOU LOOK – I GUARANTEE IT”

I thought that was from the old guy in the Men's wear house commercials.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of inquiries before committing

1. Would you agree to take a bath (not a shower) wearing outfit #2

2. After taking said bath, could you ship the two jackets still soaked (this is important) in an hermetically sealed envelope. I don't care what you do with the jeans (surprise me).

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
I have a couple of inquiries before committing

1. Would you agree to take a bath (not a shower) wearing outfit #2

2. After taking said bath, could you ship the two jackets still soaked (this is important) in an hermetically sealed envelope. I don't care what you do with the jeans (surprise me).

Absolutely open to both, but understand that I can't be so flexible on price given the additional time and expense on my end.

Jeans will most likely be shipped on dry ice regardless of who buys them (for dramatic unboxing), so as long as you're cool with that we can probably come to a quick agreement over PM.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gap? Are you serious? That's costs me like 10 thumbs if I were to post that. What kind of business are you trying to run here?

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The asterisks made me think that there would be footnotes, but there were no footnotes. Will you ship the footnotes with the outfits? Just stash 'em inside the shoes please. Nicely to mark your acquaintances Mr. Tween deSpirit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads