• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Triple Monks

ALFAMALE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
double monks
drool.gif
triple monks
ffffuuuu.gif

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Perhaps the maker has Alzheimer's ... and just thought he was making double monks.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I own these and have had then for 2+ years. I have never owned a pair of shoes before where men and women routinely stop me on the streets or in better stores to ask me where they can get them. The people who ask are always well dressed, well mannered and often quite chic. This happens in San Francisco, NY, London and Milan as well as Dayton, OH. Some people feel "safe" with traditions. I enjoy the classics as much or more than the next guy. Yet I would find a wardrobe limited to classics to be quite boring on it's own. So my personal style is to add a bit of new color, cut and style in clothing. Out of my best shoes these are in the top two pairs, because in addition to their distinctive look, they are incredibly comfortable. In fact they are a favorite when I know I will be walking a lot around town or at trade shows. Hey, these aren't for everybody, but check out some of the other Bontoni shoes. They have beautiful finishes and colors and again they are very comfortable. They are well worth the $995 price (which includes custom finishes and sizing tweaks at trunk shows)
bontoni.jpg
bontoniside.jpg

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's hilarious to me that people hate on these but say nothing about those hideous slip on shoes with the face laces or plaid & leather EG boots.

Rock on with those, PSG, rock on.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I must rethink my positive opinion of Mr. Pocketsquareguy.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
I own these and have had then for 2+ years. I have never owned a pair of shoes before where men and women routinely stop me on the streets or in better stores to ask me where they can get them. The people who ask are always well dressed, well mannered and often quite chic. This happens in San Francisco, NY, London and Milan as well as Dayton, OH.

Some people feel "safe" with traditions. I enjoy the classics as much or more than the next guy. Yet I would find a wardrobe limited to classics to be quite boring on it's own. So my personal style is to add a bit of new color, cut and style in clothing. Out of my best shoes these are in the top two pairs, because in addition to their distinctive look, they are incredibly comfortable. In fact they are a favorite when I know I will be walking a lot around town or at trade shows.

Hey, these aren't for everybody, but check out some of the other Bontoni shoes. They have beautiful finishes and colors and again they are very comfortable. They are well worth the $995 price (which includes custom finishes and sizing tweaks at trunk shows)

bontoni.jpg

bontoniside.jpg

Bontoni is making nice shoes but I don't like the double and triple buckles...

I don't understand you like some flair and wants to depart from the iconic models but I do find weird looking...

I would have stopped you just to ask you some questions about them...

It doesn't mean I would have liked them...

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
I anxiously await the verdict…..
smile.gif

Everyone's entitled to a mistake or two or a hundred. I still have a positive opinion of you.

Even if it were not for your posts ... the name alone would do it.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Properly installed fake **** > ugly-ass natural ****.
Triple monks spell an overkill and one more strap to end up breaking off.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Geezer
Begin the extended inappropriate metaphor threakthon?

Monk shoes are a bit like ****.

Natural **** are like single monks. Lovely, and differentiated in loveliness by their shape and details.

Good fake **** are like double monks. They have a bit extra that draws attention and makes them special.

Triple monks are like bad fake ****. Clearly unnatural and trying a tad too hard to attract attention. (And are they goodyear welted?)

Sigworthy!

Originally Posted by lasbar
Bontoni is making nice shoes but I don't like the double and triple buckles...

I don't understand you like some flair and wants to depart from the iconic models but I do find weird looking...

I would have stopped you just to ask you some questions about them...

It doesn't mean I would have liked them...

Classic!

bontoni.jpg

Fantastic shoes PSG you rock!

HHD

Reaction score
I don't like monks but I quite like those. Then again, I'm not particularly interested in Italian shoes, but I like Bontoni. I need a drink.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads