• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Top Chef Seattle Season 10

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody watch episode 1?

I liked the change on the first episode. I am not going to say much so I don't reveal any spoilers.

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hadn't even realized that the new season had started. It'll have to be great for the show to reclaim my interest after last season.

Having watched half of the first episode on a choppy bootleg internet feed, I can say that a) I'll be rooting for Kristen and b) I hate novelty facial hair.

Addendum: those omelettes looked terrible.

Last edited:

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
was kristin the ex-model? if so, hell yes im rooting for her too. im curious to see how john will do.

i really liked the challenge the more and more i think about it especially the soup and omelette thing.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont care what they say, those two women are most definitely lesbians.

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I dont care what they say, those two women are most definitely lesbians.

They definitely are.

Regardless, Asian chick seems like she can make it far this season.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Brooke is a cutie.

The Canlis restaurant was opened by my uncle and now owned by my cousins.

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Whoa, that's pretty cool. Do you get to eat there often? Seems to have a pretty serious wine list.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Sadly I have not been there in 20 years. There used to be four Canlis restaurants, Seattle plus Honolulu, SF (Fairmont Hotel), and Portland. I ate at the SF one all the time as a kid but when the Fairmont declined to renew its lease, Uncle Peter closed it and did not reopen it. The Honolulu restaurant lasted into the early 90s at least and I ate there about once a year in the '80s. I never ate at the Portland one.

Seattle is now the only one left.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Are some of these people retreads from prior seasons? I think at least the bald guy and the really tall guy?

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are some of these people retreads from prior seasons? I think at least the bald guy and the really tall guy?

Three of them are, the tall one, the bald one, and one of the fat chicks.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I wonder why?

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Brooke is a cutie.

Neat.

Anyone have an opinion on the season-over-season trend in general talent level on top chef? Seems like over time it would get stronger, but there have been some sorta rookie looking mistakes this year.

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the info. I wonder why?

Adds a nice narrative layer to the season (Will the veterans have an advantage? Or are they more likely to collapse under the pressure of being better than the others?). Stefan's return is especially good for the show since he's an entertainingly cocky bastard who lost to a much maligned dumbass at the end of his season.

Anyone have an opinion on the season-over-season trend in general talent level on top chef? Seems like over time it would get stronger, but there have been some sorta rookie looking mistakes this year.

I've wondered about this. Seems reasonable that the talent pool would take occasional nosedives. The show is in its tenth season, and each season goes through twenty (?) or so contestants. Probably does get difficult at times to find enough chefs right in the sweet spot--talented enough to be genuinely good but undistinguished enough that they'd want to put themselves in this kind of journeyman role. I guess that John Tesar guy is probably an ideal contestant at this point in some ways: someone who should've been accomplished given his skills but fucked it up and is in need of redemption.

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Brooke is a cutie.

manton that is really cool.

i didnt like carla but i thought she got screwed in the last episode. she didnt even cook her squab, the other 2 guys did.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads