• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
my other half used to work above the Diesel store there, and right along that road there's now like 25 food trucks that were not there a year ago. I was amazed when I was in the area a week or so ago.

that whole place is a zoo though, I'd much rather stroll around Madison Square Park.

also, I'm assuming you eat regularly at Num Pang, so I am jellis.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heroin...I saw several junkies last night, looked as though they were on death's doorstep. This one girl must have been 90 pounds or so, had needle marks...not the ideal person to sit next to at a bar.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

my other half used to work above the Diesel store there, and right along that road there's now like 25 food trucks that were not there a year ago. I was amazed when I was in the area a week or so ago.
that whole place is a zoo though, I'd much rather stroll around Madison Square Park.
also, I'm assuming you eat regularly at Num Pang, so I am jellis.

I don't eat lunch, but my girlfriend has been buggin the hell out of me to go to Num Pang after she got back from Cambodia. MSP is amazing though. A lot of co-workers trek up there for shake shack. Haven't been there either.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Heroin...I saw several junkies last night, looked as though they were on death's doorstep. This one girl must have been 90 pounds or so, had needle marks...not the ideal person to sit next to at a bar.

Where the **** do you live man? You need a location/lifestyle change bad.

Last edited:

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I don't know why they start but I understand why they can't quit. Opiates are crazy if you're wired in certain ways. I had mental fixations for weeks after getting morphine in the hospital, and I wasn't really even getting "high" because of the pain I was in and presumably they were giving me limited doses. With a stronger drug like heroin administered in quantity and without the mitigating factor of the pain, yeah, I understand how it could consume your life after the first hit.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

food trucks aren't nearly as annoying as the people with clipboards.
No, I don't want to save the kids. No, I don't want to help ensure that pandas keep on getting boners.
Food trucks have come to these parts, too. Used to never see them, now they seem to be on most corners

As for the clipboard folks, I ignore them. I'm sure they are soliciting for worthy causes and all, but that's not the way I do business. Leave me alone. :devil:

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

you know that feeling when you're having great sex.... right after orgasm.... where you're drowsy, relaxed, and your mind is content, its hard to move around and everything feels awesome?

^that is the heroin high... only that feeling can last up to 6 hours.

Last edited:

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

I don't eat lunch, but my girlfriend has been buggin the hell out of me to go to Num Pang after she got back from Cambodia. MSP is amazing though. A lot of co-workers trek up there for shake shack. Haven't been there either.

I can't comment on any food from Cambodia, but Num Pang is awesome. I took Manton there a few months ago. Must go back.

Shake Shack is fine, the real reason to go is their custards.

As for the clipboard folks, I ignore them. I'm sure they are soliciting for worthy causes and all, but that's not the way I do business. Leave me alone. :devil:

The "save the kids" ones are really aggressive, I just place my phone up to my ear and they don't bother me.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

you know that feeling when you're having great sex.... right after orgasm.... where you're drowsy, relaxed, and your mind is content, its hard to move around and everything feels awesome?
^that is the heroin high... only that feeling can last up to 6 hours.

this sounds awesome.

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isn't convincing people on the internet to do heroin a violation of the Hippocratic oath?

Last edited:

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Where the **** do you live man? You need a location/lifestyle change bad.

It has nothing to do with where I live - I just prefer interesting places, cheapness is a factor as well - I can go to a place like that and get 2 stiff drinks for $3 +$2 tip, and I don't have to deal with pretense or bullshit and many of these places let you smoke a cigarettes inside. Nothing like a strong Manhattan done right in a clandestine **** hole with flickering lights with a cigarette after a long day of school.

I don't know why they start but I understand why they can't quit. Opiates are crazy if you're wired in certain ways. I had mental fixations for weeks after getting morphine in the hospital, and I wasn't really even getting "high" because of the pain I was in and presumably they were giving me limited doses. With a stronger drug like heroin administered in quantity and without the mitigating factor of the pain, yeah, I understand how it could consume your life after the first hit.

I just couldn't ever trying something that has the potential for so much harm.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've been on a morphine drip, had no unusual side effects and like you probably didn't feel the high because of pain and the fact that I was sedated for most of the time. Don't remember if they gave me any other medication or if it was the morphine that made me sleep constantly.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I've been on a morphine drip, had no unusual side effects and like you probably didn't feel the high because of pain and the fact that I was sedated for most of the time. Don't remember if they gave me any other medication or if it was the morphine that made me sleep constantly.

The drips are usually low enough level that you don't feel much. For some reason, they were pushing syringes full of the stuff into my IV instead of using a drip. I'd get a big rush of it, be loopy for 10-15 minutes, then pass out for an hour, wake up and repeat the cycle.

But it does certainly act differently on different people. I think I'm a severe case, at least on the dependency issue.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

It has nothing to do with where I live - I just prefer interesting places, cheapness is a factor as well - I can go to a place like that and get 2 stiff drinks for $3 +$2 tip, and I don't have to deal with pretense or bullshit and many of these places let you smoke a cigarettes inside. Nothing like a strong Manhattan done right in a clandestine **** hole with flickering lights with a cigarette after a long day of school.

I have never been to a **** hole who knows how, or even has the ingredients for a good manhattan.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I've been on a drip. I was in so much pain at the time it didn't really seem to do much of anything.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads