• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Well, today I paid 40 bucks. I know that's not considered an expensive haircut to most, not really even me, but for 40 dollars you need to at least attempt to do what I've asked you to do instead of being a big ***** and rushing through a men's haircut because you don't give a damn.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't get why I can never get a good haircut. These stupid women never cut my hair how I ask them to. They completely ignore me and butcher my head every ******* time. Do I REALLY need to just request a male stylist from now on? They're completely ignoring my requests and just rushing through my cut because I'm a dude.

It's actually pretty ridiculous how many "stylists" or whatever you call them do not have sufficient skills to cut hair. Most dumb cunts like that went to cosmotology school because they're too dumb to do anything else and somehow can get away with giving ****** haircuts. It can be very difficult to find someone who is knowledgeable of head shape, hair texture, layering etc that can really execute a good cut. I have had two "stylists" in the past ten years... one in the States and one in Asia.... both men. :nodding:

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Years of spicy food have given my tongue/mouth quite a tolerance for spice and heat.
The same years of spicy food have not steeled my anus against the searing agony resulting from eating 1/4lb of extra hot green chilis for breakfast Friday.
WHY, GOD, WHY?

I don't get why you're eating so many ******* hot chilis for breakfast?? Liam, you've had some strange food habits.. like you ate a kilo of almonds one day and there was another one that got my attention but I can't remember.. was it beef jerky or something? Is there some kind of vaseline-coated rectal flange you may use to lessen the burn? :lol:

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously, dude. I've swung and missed so many times with stylists. The last one that gave me a semi decent cut was a dude named Cliff. In fact, men tend to really put forth effort. I didn't want to be a sexist jerk but it seems as though i'm just going to request male stylists from now on, i really don't care if it offends at this point. My hair looks ******* terrible. Chunks buzzed out of my fade, blunt, straight across the bangs, the works...

Last edited:

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My best haircuts have all come from homosexual males. Also had some great fashion conversations...:embar:

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
now that I actually have hair I'm reticent to get it cut. I have a customer who looks like Jack Sparrow on bad peyote and calls me "boo". He just got back from fashion week in milan and is a hair designer, not stylist. I suspect he might be able to do my hair well. My barber is a jersey shore italian who cuts my hair for cheap cigars and closes his shop early to play poker and smoke cigars... not sure which is the safer option.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

now that I actually have hair I'm reticent to get it cut. I have a customer who looks like Jack Sparrow on bad peyote and calls me "boo". He just got back from fashion week in milan and is a hair designer, not stylist. I suspect he might  be able to do my hair well. My barber is a jersey shore italian who cuts my hair for cheap cigars and closes his shop early to play poker and smoke cigars... not sure which is the safer option.

You might want to upgrade, if I remember your old haircut correctly...

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

It's actually pretty ridiculous how many "stylists" or whatever you call them do not have sufficient skills to cut hair. Most dumb cunts like that went to cosmotology school because they're too dumb to do anything else and somehow can get away with giving ****** haircuts. It can be very difficult to find someone who is knowledgeable of head shape, hair texture, layering etc that can really execute a good cut. I have had two "stylists" in the past ten years... one in the States and one in Asia.... both men. :nodding:

Yeah, I would say most of them can get away with working at a big chain in a mall in middle america, but it is actually pretty competative in New York.

My best haircuts have all come from homosexual males. Also had some great fashion conversations...:embar:

Since moving to New York I have used one homosexual male. He was trained at Vidal Sassoon and takes it pretty seriously. I have a kind of modified 50's style cut that he does all with scissors, it takes him a while, but it is an art to these people. He's good to me, very flexible with times and such and gives me a free clean up in-between major cuts. I tip him well for that.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The problem with some male stylists is that they give you the haircut they'd like to see on a guy. At least they pay extra attention to the back, though.

Last edited:

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now that I live near dc, I'm just going to have to fork it out. Does anybody know of a good male stylist in the area who can help make me pretty again? :nodding:

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I would say most of them can get away with working at a big chain in a mall in middle america, but it is actually pretty competative in New York.
Since moving to New York I have used one homosexual male. He was trained at Vidal Sassoon and takes it pretty seriously. I have a kind of modified 50's style cut that he does all with scissors, it takes him a while, but it is an art to these people. He's good to me, very flexible with times and such and gives me a free clean up in-between major cuts. I tip him well for that.

Only one? Even when you were short of the rent money?

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

not quite sure if you're trying to be funny there...

Even the shirt screams Richie Cunningham.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads