• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Why don't you try http://warbyparker.com (next time)^^^
Glasses are pretty cheap, all you need is your prescription. Plus they also send you 5 try at home glasses at no cost to you!

what kind of glasses did you get btw?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like my zennis a lot.

I have one pair for daily wear that is fine except for a scratch I put in it with an umbrella (which probably would have fucked up my eye if not for the glasses)...

I have several pairs of sunglasses--one of those sports wind goggle wraparound style and a few others. And my friend has 2 pairs of daily wear glasses.

In my experience, everything at the higher price points has been pretty high quality. Of the two $8 pairs I own (I think they have now lowered some of these to $6.99...but the minimum used to be $8), one feels very sold and well made, and the other one was not so great... about the quality of a a $20 pair of glasses from target (although mine was prescription and cost less than $20). I broke the crappy one playing tennis so I can't say for sure if it would have lasted--it still had metal hinges but the stock finish was cheap (I dyed it a different color so that didn't matter).

The nice thing is that sunglasses tint and anti-glare are both like $4-5 addons...anti-glare is totally worth it.

tldr: Handled 6-7 pairs...only one was kind of crappy (but it was the cheapest one they sell...and *prescription* for less than some ****** urban-outfitters glasses)

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
As someone who was found guilty of DUI you need to post this in the things that are making you happy thread. Trust me. More than a year and a half after my arrest I was still dealing with restrictions from it (still am technically as I think I'm on probation for like another month or so).

Damn Edina.
ffffuuuu.gif

I am extremely thankful though.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
Damn Edina.
ffffuuuu.gif

I am extremely thankful though.

Oh and you'd be out a few thousand dollars too.

You're lucky bro, for real.

juliette2000

Reaction score
Death.

In the last year and a half, I have lost:

My husband.

My aunt.

Dear friend (and former boss. One week after my husband).

Mother of long-time friend.

Brother of friend since high school.

Husband of first family who befriended my ex and I when we first moved here.

And just found out last night that the husband of a former co-worker and friend (our kids grew up together, husbands went on fishing and hunting trips together) died Sunday night, after just having been diagnosed with cancer last week.

So many grieving people left behind.

Only one of these people was anywhere near what would be considered as 'old'.

**** death. It needs to go calling on the evil people of the world and leave the good ones alone.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
Oh and you'd be out a few thousand dollars too.

You're lucky bro, for real.

I know. I am applying for residency next year and a DUI on the record won't look that good. Also here in Kansas, I believe it's an automatic 5k fine.
ffffuuuu.gif

Really made me think about going out and drink now.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
jury duty.
plain.gif

Tell them you can spot guilty people from up close. Then ask to move closer to the defendant. Or, just do what you normally do when you go to the post office.
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
Really made me think about going out and drink now.
Sure puts cab fare into perspective doesn't it?

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by juliette2000
Death.

My husband.

My aunt.

And just found out last night that the husband of a former co-worker and friend (our kids grew up together, husbands went on fishing and hunting trips together) died Sunday night, after just having been diagnosed with cancer last week.

**** death. It needs to go calling on the evil people of the world and leave the good ones alone.

ffffuuuu.gif
That sounds horrible. Good luck.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I'm still here.

Doesn't mean they won't sit you in a room for a week...they just won't sit you in a different room where you listen to people argue for anything from a day to many weeks

Though I have read enough trial transcripts to know that judges can tell when somebody is being a moron and trying to get out of it...and I have seen people placed on jurys who according to common internet responses "would never be placed on a jury."

For instance, in a fraud case related to insider trading or options backdating (which more often than not are tried right there in SF), they won't seat someone who lost their life savings due to corporate fraud, but they will frequently seat people with business/finance degrees or who have worked as accountants or even received non-executive options grants.

Your best shot is go get plopped on some short case, here arguments for a day or two, and then go home.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by juliette2000
Death.

My husband.

My aunt.

really sorry to hear that. good luck

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I seem to have pulled a couple of muscles - my left rotator cuff, and my right thumb. after years of thinking that I was somehow going to avoid this kind of thing, I think that I have done it, and I really dont like it. I am not even sure when or how it happened.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads