• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
******* upstairs family (maybe 4 people?) decided to have a screaming fight from 12:30 am to about 3:30. Had to put on my headphones to get back to sleep. I don't understand how people get into relationships that suck so much.

Were they shooting a Sam Mendes film?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
spent whole weekend working, and by that i mean all day sat until 4am sunday, up at 11am, and until now..
ffffuuuu.gif

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
having some problems with the girlfriend related to a 2500$ problem. I mean I have the money to pay for it right now, but she just won't take it. nearly broke up over it. and it was completely unexpected and we had no idea it was even happening so it really threw us off, but that's life I guess.
What kind of "problems" add up to $2500? She forget to pay the drug dealer when he dropped off your monthly stash?

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
What kind of "problems" add up to $2500? She forget to pay the drug dealer when he dropped off your monthly stash?

Abortion was my first thought

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
How's that wandering salesman thing going? He pop up again?

I am not following. What previous nonsense of mine are you using against me now?

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whilst everyone around me seems to be having a sexy-fun time this evening I am working and preparing for another round of pointless arguments with the worlds most irritating woman tomorrow as part of my group project. This project, which should be easy between four is instead dragging incredibly slowly because she thinks she is brilliant, she misunderstands a few things at a fundamental level. She refuses see this though, which turns every bit of work into literally hours of argument. She has to be slowly ground down to accept even the smallest idea that isn't hers, or to give up on her latest brilliant insight. Last week we argued for nearly 20 hours. Not all working time, just all the time I and the rest of the group had to argue this woman down either in person or on skype. I have to have a couple of whiskeys whenever I am done with the group for the day just to calm down, she is driving me to drink.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ugh. Katy Perry is on Oprah talking about how we're all sparks or some **** which lead to fireworks. Show us your boobs!!

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RegisDB9

That seems a little high.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ysc
Whilst everyone around me seems to be having a sexy-fun time this evening I am working and preparing for another round of pointless arguments with the worlds most irritating woman tomorrow as part of my group project.

This project, which should be easy between four is instead dragging incredibly slowly because she thinks she is brilliant, she misunderstands a few things at a fundamental level. She refuses see this though, which turns every bit of work into literally hours of argument. She has to be slowly ground down to accept even the smallest idea that isn't hers, or to give up on her latest brilliant insight. Last week we argued for nearly 20 hours. Not all working time, just all the time I and the rest of the group had to argue this woman down either in person or on skype. I have to have a couple of whiskeys whenever I am done with the group for the day just to calm down, she is driving me to drink.

I had someone like that in a group project once, every time we shot down one of his ideas, he would pout terribly. The weird part is that I liked him outside of the group, but in-group we really butted heads. Eventually the two senior students with actual work history (myself and a consultant-type) finally told him to STFU or start up his own damn group.

Funny enough, his big concern was that he get an 'a' for the class since he had a 4.0 working. We all got the 'a', which was a bit lucky since the prof knew we'd had big problems working together and thought we'd put him in a padded sidecar while we drove the motorcycle. Anyway, last time I saw him he had a job as a spreadsheet jockey with a good company and I was happy for him, since employment had been a big hurdle before starting b-school.

Okay, enough CST time. Good luck working with your genius.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
I had someone like that in a group project once, every time we shot down one of his ideas, he would pout terribly. The weird part is that I liked him outside of the group, but in-group we really butted heads. Eventually the two senior students with actual work history (myself and a consultant-type) finally told him to STFU or start up his own damn group.

She was by no means a friend but perfectly personable before this project, so it sounds fairly similar. Unfortunately she is the most 'senior' of us having already done a Phd (in an unrelated area) and been a (very minor) academic for a bit, which is I think is part of the problem when it comes to convincing her she is wrong. The rest of us probably have more relevant experience, but she doesn't see it that way.

This project calls for some economics and politics related stuff, and she just doesn't seem to understand simple things concepts supply and demand, or the difference between a government body, an NGO or a private company. I don't understand how she is still on the course. Still we are slowly making progress, it is just exhausting and stressful.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
I keep f**king up at my new job. It doesn't help that my supervisor is, despite being a 25 year-old girl, one of the three smartest people I've ever met. Seriously, I got a perfect score on the verbal GMAT and she just blows me away with the writing errors, analytical errors, etc... that she finds. She's really nice about it, but her patience has to wear thin at some point.

I've never not been very good at a job. In fact, I've never even had to try all that hard at a job and I've done high-stress auditing and fraud investigation. This admin law **** is killing me. Compound that with an insane workload and some of the [ahem] creative assignments we've gotten with the new administration and it's just been a clusterf**k for me.

Everything else in my life is fantastic right now, I just keep stressing out about my job performance.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ I think it's safe to say that we've all been there at one point or another. Actually, I remember Emma (or was it Matt's gf) who recently started a thread on the stresses a new job can bring. Just do your best and forget the rest.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RegisDB9
Could be, but...
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
That seems a little high.
Maybe he's factoring in the parting gift?
Originally Posted by jgold47
I am not following. What previous nonsense of mine are you using against me now?
I think I might have gotten you confused with someone else on this one. Somebody had a guy come around the house selling some **** and their wife told the guy that they weren't going to be at home in the evenings. Thought it was you.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
I keep f**king up at my new job. It doesn't help that my supervisor is, despite being a 25 year-old girl, one of the three smartest people I've ever met. Seriously, I got a perfect score on the verbal GMAT and she just blows me away with the writing errors, analytical errors, etc... that she finds. She's really nice about it, but her patience has to wear thin at some point.

I've never not been very good at a job. In fact, I've never even had to try all that hard at a job and I've done high-stress auditing and fraud investigation. This admin law **** is killing me. Compound that with an insane workload and some of the [ahem] creative assignments we've gotten with the new administration and it's just been a clusterf**k for me.

Everything else in my life is fantastic right now, I just keep stressing out about my job performance.

It's a good sign that you're upset, because it means that you're motivated and want to do better. I think it's just a matter of getting into the next gear, which will come along soon enough. FWIW, Mrs. T was in a similar boat a while back and learned the ropes - which makes me think you will as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads